Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais brake upgrade

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
I have a S2 6L Calais. Done the standard exhuast, tune, otr, 20’s, lowering etc. i have noticed she isnt particularly adept at stopping well with the oem rotors/brake. I was considering sourcing some
Redline Brembo calipers but the price is exorbitant. Its been suggested changing to DBA T2 ot T3 4000 rotors and high quality pads (HPX?) will transform it. A few video back this up. What are peoples thoughts? T2s good enough? Cheers

Last edited:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Can’t comment on the t2’s but I’m sure they’d be plenty fine I’d add braided brake lines to that list mate they definitely help too, done a rotor and pad and braided line upgrade to my ve and it definitely stops a lot better than std

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Can’t comment on the t2’s but I’m sure they’d be plenty fine I’d add braided brake lines to that list mate they definitely help too, done a rotor and pad and braided line upgrade to my ve and it definitely stops a lot better than std
+1 for adding braided lines to the list.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
T3's are solid rotors, super reliable and last. I wouldn't bother with the T2's they're good but mostly am OEM type. QFM HPX, Forza FP1 and DBA XP are a great corresponding pad choice. There are plenty of others

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
. Try Salvage auto on the Gold Coast and ask their prices for Brembo's. Going for the front alone is certainly worth while as the front does most of the braking. If still out of your price range go for a pad upgrade. Ceramic are very good and clean.

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
Thanks fellas. Managed to pick up a set of basically new front T3s and rear t2s for $350. Will give that a go with good pads and see how it goes. Brembos are going for $1000+ for front calipers. I don’t think its worth it

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Good thing you didn’t want the HSV AP’s :p

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Thanks fellas. Managed to pick up a set of basically new front T3s and rear t2s for $350. Will give that a go with good pads and see how it goes. Brembos are going for $1000+ for front calipers. I don’t think its worth it
Slotted brakes and upgraded pads are a good but are not in the same league as Brembo's.

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
to
Slotted brakes and upgraded pads are a good but are not in the same league as Brembo's.
totaly agree mate, but i am not taking her to the track. Just want and upgrade to stock. Stock is ok, just no confidence if i have to brake quickly. Pretty confident T3s on the front withs T2s on the back will alleviate my concerns