Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais power windows

Nuffsed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Sportswagon 08 LY7
Hi Guys

Brand new here. Hoping someone can help before i fork out cash to a auto lekky.

I recently replaced my front passenger door as it had a dent when purchased. That was fine, straight swap, now my issue is the electric windows. The new door has the 2 pin plug where as my old door has the 6 pin plug. I have replaced the loom with 6 pin one and will change the regulator later. I have left this unplugged for now. Ok, here's my issue. I no longer have front working windows, driver or passenger(obviously not connected) I have tried plugging in the old regulator,earthed and still no go. The rear ones work perfectly fine. I have checked all the fuses that i can find relating to the PW. Is there a relay? i also read there is a control module somewhere? Any idea's? Any fuses or something i'm missing? They all worked fine before the door swap.

Thanks
Nuff

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Calais regulator is different to the other models so make sure your using the 1 that's original to your car

Nuffsed

Reaction score
Members Ride
I am totally aware of that as i said in my first post. I have joined about 10 forums to see if i can find an answer to my problem It seems if you own a VE or a VF nobody wants to help.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I am totally aware of that as i said in my first post. I have joined about 10 forums to see if i can find an answer to my problem It seems if you own a VE or a VF nobody wants to help.

Mmmmmmmm. Take it easy. Help can take time from GOOD knowledgeable people here on this forum so just relax.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Cant access circuit diagrams, but maybe with the passenger loom unplugged in the front door, the complete front door(s) circuit might be open circuited or disabled.

Nuffsed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mmmmmmmm. Take it easy. Help can take time from GOOD knowledgeable people here on this forum so just relax.
Relax? What did i say that was so extreme? pmsl? But yet you have people putting other people down in other posts and they not to told to relax? Weird.

Cant access circuit diagrams, but maybe with the passenger loom unplugged in the front door, the complete front door(s) circuit might be open circuited or disabled.

I have it all fitted now and still no front windows work.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I have it all fitted now and still no front windows work.

Might be time to check the window switch block in the centre console.

Nuffsed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Might be time to check the window switch block in the centre console.
Replaced that, no difference. Also pulled half my dash apart looking for this elusive window control module. Someone mentioned on here it was up near the steering column...Fucked if i can find it.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
BCM controls the windows on a VE. The "black box module" is located directly above the accel pedal and is a real PITA to get at..