Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Calais revving problem

Danmor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V8
Hey guys, After a couple of days installing the vcm otr on my 2009 Calais v 6.0 ltr I gave the right foot a couple of squirts while stationary just to admire the the sound as you do. But it won’t fully rev. It cuts out. Won’t let me do a hard rev at all. Still drives fine though. Has anyone heard of this problem before? Will a tune fix this? Was thinking maybe sucking too much air now? Tia Dan.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
free rev may be cut at 4k rpm when stationary

Danmor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V8
Na if you go to give it a squirt it just won’t rev hard at all.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if its like a full stomp then it may just be too much for it and it leans out to the point it misses and stumbles, tune should fix it up as when ever any airflow in is changed the maf always needs adjusting also to suit the new flow characteristics especially from a stock box to otr as the flow difference is decent

Kingcarl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6 series II MY 12.5
Hey guys, After a couple of days installing the vcm otr on my 2009 Calais v 6.0 ltr I gave the right foot a couple of squirts while stationary just to admire the the sound as you do. But it won’t fully rev. It cuts out. Won’t let me do a hard rev at all. Still drives fine though. Has anyone heard of this problem before? Will a tune fix this? Was thinking maybe sucking too much air now? Tia Dan.
Stationery rev? As you do? Ah no, maybe when you 14yo sitting on your old man's ride on mower. Pretty sure the revs are capped on those to protect itself from tossers.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
revs at idle in neutral or park are limited to 4000rpm

Danmor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V8
Stationery rev? As you do? Ah no, maybe when you 14yo sitting on your old man's ride on mower. Pretty sure the revs are capped on those to protect itself from tossers.
Thanks for the feedback mate