Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais V Boot Chrome Strip

RCally

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY08.5
Hey I just joined up so just wana say hey to everyone. I have a question that no one can seem to answer, I have a VE Calais MY08.5 (non V series).

I see the Calais V's with the chrome strip on the boot just above the number plate and was wondering if it is possible to buy one to put on my Calais. I have looked at my boot and there are no holes for it to clip into and was wondering if anyone knows whether there held on by clips or screws or something and if I would have to drill into my boot or just glue it on :confused:

Cheers

NeishaVESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
Welcome mate,

I've put one on my SS and to fit it properly you have to drill 3 holes for clips, they are held on by 3 clips and a strip of double sided tape, I didn't want to drill any holes in mine so I just cut off the 3 clips and put about 4 strips of double sided tape and it's been fine for over 6 months now. Just have to make sure everything is clean first and it will be fine..

RCally

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY08.5
Yeah I'm not to keen on doing any drilling. Did you have to get special double sided tape or just any from like Bunnings or something? And also was it hard to cut off the clips..

Cheers

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
Yeah mate, I put one on my sv6.
Did the exact same as NeishaVESS.. didnt want to drill so couple stripes of double sided tape and has been fine for a good 4 months now :)

RCally

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY08.5
If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for yours? Because I'm looking at buying one but i dont know how much...Holden quoted me like $130 or something

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
A few dabs of sikaflex and it will NEVER move :)

RCally

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY08.5
No worries I'll give that a go now, just came back from Metro Holden and got my chrome strip :D

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
A few dabs of sikaflex and it will NEVER move :)

Sikaflex......YES, YES, YES. As said, will never move, and no holes to go rusty and cause strife.