Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais v DVD roof mount screen problem

mr ned

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Hi All,
Im new to the forum..And bought a myself a 2006 VE Calais v.
I have an issue with the rear DVD screen which is a roof mount. I can insert a DVD disk and it will play on the front screen but the rear screen is dead.(like there's no power to it) I also have the remote and headsets they do not work. (replaced the batteries) I have check the fuse in the boot and it looks fine. Even if the fuse is out the DVD still plays on the front screen.
Any help on this would be great.
Thanks

LegoBloke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais V LY7 V6
Hi, I've got the same issue. 2006 VE Calais with the roof mounted dvd player and screen. The dvd unit appears fine and plays movies on the front screen when the car is in park. Nothing at all from the rear mounted screen.

I've checked the fuses under the bonnet, in the front footwell and in the boot and couldn't locate any issues. I've then pulled the lightmount and dvd unit cover off from the roof and checked the visible wiring.

The obvious thing is the screen is just shagged, but any other things I should be checking would be appreciated.