Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore. Battery is disconnected. Can't get into the car. Even the manual key won't unlock it.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Isolating the battery should always be done with negative terminal first at the battery.
that only matters when the spanner hits the body. Those breath analyzers the courts make people fit put mechanics in a scary situation as in change the starter motor without disconnecting the battery. Whos done that before?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
that only matters when the spanner hits the body. Those breath analyzers the courts make people fit put mechanics in a scary situation as in change the starter motor without disconnecting the battery. Whos done that before?
Back in the day I had a Suburu I had to start with a screw driver from the positive to the engine.

I’d not feel good about the cable starting to return to its set shape and come back in contact with the post intermittently causing some arcing and voltage spikes.

Now, with the number of sensitive CANbus modules and other sensitive electrical components, being a bit “she’ll be right” with a wayward live positive cable could electronically write off a car (potentially of course), or at a minimum leave someone chasing gremlins for ages.

NB66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG. The Silver Beast.
Not sure why he disconnected it at the front, but I think the best option is pulling the bonnet release cable with a bit of hooked wire and reconnecting whatever he disconnected and hopefully the deadlock is released.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If it was me, I'd be kicking it all in his court, rather than you doing all the research for his incompetance....

Oh and be asking for it to be done yesterday....