Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve commodore driveshaft

Rangatac884

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Ve Calais
Hey I've got a 2007 ve Calais, its lowered with ultra lows in the rear and super lows in the front and I've been chasing a drive shaft issue, it originally wrecked the centre bearing and the rear driveshaft coupling, so I didnt muck around and got 2 brand new couplings and a new centre bearing and installed it all, about 2 weeks later it wrecked the rear coupling so I replace it with the one good front coupling that I had left, then about 3 weeks later it wrecked the front one, so I brought 2 more couplings and did some research and find that I had originally installed them wrong so I had found one good one round home and replaced the front one correctly because that was the only wrecked one at the time, and it went good for a week the the rear coupling let go, so I brought 2 more new couplings and replaced the back one with a new one and installed it correctly but after about 4 days it had wrecked the front one again I believe. But I thought I would come on here and see if I can get an idea of what it could be, i have thought about replacing the driveshaft and was also wondering if a vy sedan driveshaft would fit into my ve Calais. Ps it's a 3.6 v6 195kw

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
What do the bushings in both ends of the driveshaft look like, how much play is in the bushings when the drive shaft end is slipped onto the end of the gearbox flange and rear diff flange?

Pic of bushing in the end of a VE driveshaft below, both ends the same. It's possible these bushings could be worn out or damaged

1702648905162.png

OR the snout of your gearbox flange or rear diff flange may have been snapped off, or could be bent.

Rear diff flange should look like this... Gearbox flange similar.
1702649594544.png

Got any photos of the ends of your driveshaft, gearbox flange and rear diff flange?

Last edited: