Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE commodore omega problems, aircon, vibration, esp

Alangordon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega
Hi all, yet again another thread on the problems of the ve omega alloytec, thought I'd share my cars problems in hope of some fixes, i have a day one 2006 VE omega now with 220,000kms on the clock, to be honest it's never let my down.. just annoying quirks and bugs, it's had the esp traction control turn off with throwing a p0101 maf code randomly throughout its life (i have replaced the maf sensor a couple of times to no change.. it's just random). Anyone found a fix?

Secondly i have a vibration in the engine around 1000-2000rpm nothing at idle or above 2000rmp, most noticeable when driving under load in overdrive at that Rev range, seems to dissappear with the drive belt off though, thinking maybe aircon compressor? Belt tentioner? Torque converter?

Thirdly, the aircon doesn't work sometimes, compressor kicks in, blower fan works but what i have noticed is the second thermo fan isn't always on with the aircon.. the car engine temps are fine.. the two fans kick in and out to maintain engine temp but one isn't always on for the aircon, is this normal? It seems to have a mind of its own when it wants to work.. high/low fan relays? I've observed today the fans kicking in together.. run for a short time.. cut out.. then just as they almost come to a stop.. back on again, just on and off the whole time, this is with a/c on... ?

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
The ESP off/ABS warning light scenario has been variously described as a voltage issue. It could be your battery is slightly below the threshold your car needs.

My Alloytec also has a slight torsional vibration at 1000rpm, most noticeable on cold start fast idle. It is a bit annoying but nothing terrible.

My AC fans have stopped working completely and diagnosed it to the main HVAC computer so no easy fix. I've had to hardwire a 12v switch to the fans. Quite annoying but at least it blows air when I need it to.