Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore or not?

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
After reading some of the threads on here regarding the ve, I'm thinking twice about getting one. Will be looking at either a Calais or SV6, if the VE doesnt seem worth it, will be going for a calais or SV6 in the VZ.

I know the bad points, so can some ve owners out there that own one of the two tell me how they are going? Worth while, or shall I just get a VZ?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
early model ve's suffered from some electrical glitches, mainly from programming errors, and the odd build quality issue

the my09's seem to be pretty spot on and build quality alot better than the originals. i guess they've ironed out the bugs and the builders have gotten used to the new process

definitely go for a ve over a vz, id recommend an my09 plated, much better than the original ones

fyi: i deal in fleet cars on the servicing side so i get to see many ve's, most kms ive seen so far is 90,000 and going strong no issues, my auntie and uncle have done 6500km in a my09 sv6 with no weird problems or issues

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
im sitting on 11,000kms in my 2008 SV6, love it. Iv had nothing major go wrong with it. The doors once unlocked themselves but thats it lol.
I drove both the vz and ve before deciding on the ve. Much much better car

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I am on my second one (Do a ****load of km) and both are streets ahead of any previous Commodore. The last one had some electrical issues but they were resolved by Holden. This one has just clocked over 10,000km and so far, so good.

Reaper

vessm

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss manual
i have a ve ss 08 and had nothing go wrong with it at all

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
I've had mine for about 15 months. Built Aug 07. Done 18000kms haven't had anything go wrong with it. Very happy with it.

The only thing I regret about purchasing the VE is getting a 6. Should have got an SS or SSV. I had the money to get an SSV but decided to get the Lumina and spend the rest on accessories/mods so I could have something different rather than a stock standard SSV. In hindsight it was a bad decision. Although I love what i've done to the Lumina and its very different to any other lumina/omega out there BUT its still a Lumina.

Anyway I would definitely recommend getting a VE they are great cars.

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
my SS has done 28000km, and it won't miss a beat ;)

and I honestly, if i was driving something else, I would be dead, or had a major accident

and mine IS an early model (07), and i push it hard everyday

the ve is great, but if you are willing to spend a bit more, you can get something better

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I've had mine for about 15 months. Built Aug 07. Done 18000kms haven't had anything go wrong with it. Very happy with it.

Wow - my latest was delivered on Aug 27 and I noticed today it is 10,900 km :(.

Reaper

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
got mine on 24th april this year is a my09 model 21000km so far 0 problems cept the clutch isn't up to the job.

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Wow - my latest was delivered on Aug 27 and I noticed today it is 10,900 km :(.

Reaper

I'm guessing yours was Aug 27 08 so thats a heap of k's for only a couple of months old. Mine was built Aug 2007 so i've done 18000kms in 15months. When yours is 15 months old it would have done about 55,000kms thats pretty crazy!