Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE commodore radio reception problem.

Stuart123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SSV Manual Sportwagon
Well if it temps you, my reception has been a1 since i unplugged that stupid black box traffic thing.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
I have a Series 2 SV6 Sedan 2011 model.

I unplugged that black box (TMC) a while back and made no difference. It's got that bad now that I'm actually streaming the radio through my phone to be able to listen to it.

Just wish Holden would do something about it. Certain stations are perfect but then others are just too scratchy to listen to.
I've bought many different antennas to screw on in the past few years and none have made any difference.

Not sure wether the base needs to be replaced or not, but it would mean removing the roof lining which I don't want to attempt.
Car is out of warranty.
Anyone else have any other solutions to try??

Reaction score
Members Ride

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Have you added any additional power cables in the car, like to a dash camera front or rear, or extra power outlets? If so, try disconnecting them first and see if your reception gets better. Cheap nasty power cables supplied with one of my dash cameras I installed in the rear window was my issue.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I have, but the radio reception has been this poor since I got the car stock with no modifications to wiring.
I've just put up with it over the years but it would be nice to fix the issue so I can listen to the radio properly.

mike_nofx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
When I installed a dash cam to the rear window of my wagon, it lasted about 2 days before I couldn't deal with the poor radio quality.

Having the rear camera cables coming close to the aerial is what killed the reception for me.