Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore Reverse Sensors Trigger Wire

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Is there a trigger wire for the factory sensors in the back with all the other stuff around the battery? I think there's a wire harness for the factory entertainment unit so I figure the factory sensor stuff might be there as well.

Reason for this is that I'm trying to see if there's a different way I can get the aftermarket sensors (yeah, thanks fleet company for aftermarket crap) to activate when I put the car in reverse rather than when the reverse lights come on. I like to use the approach lighting when I hit the remote to unlock but if there's anything near the rear the beeper starts going off, even when the car is off in the garage or outside in a car park.

Budgie Smuggler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 Clubsport
Hi VicCop...can't help you with tech specs but can tell you that on the VE I believe the reverse sensors are disabled when the handbrake is engaged....(found out after re-wiring a replacement plug a couple of times) so keep it in mind when testing. :idea3::p

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Yes they are because I had a VE Berlina with factory sensors and it did the same. Also noticed that feature with the work cars. They're VE/VF.

I've come across a thread today that said something about a plug with wires in behind the glove box (?) that they're using as a power cut off for reverse cameras. I've also seen at least two spare empty plugs inside the battery compartment. There's one right in top of the battery and another one further up toward the back of the seats.

If you have a look under the fuse cap there's one there that says RVC SENS or similar. There's a 7.5A fuse in it.

I just need something to tell me what wire is what.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
The dealer options coonector is located behind the glovebox, its a 16pin square plug, white in colour and located off to the lower left behind tur glove box.

The wire you want is light green and is pin number 3. Look very closely at the connector and you will see very tiny numbers marking some of the pins. You can determine which is 3 from that.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
That doesn't make things easy. You'd think it'd end up being one of the wires in the boot space seeing that's where the sensors are.

Means I have to somehow get the blue trigger wire from the harness in the back all the way up the other end to this plug. Hardly seems worth it.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I believe it can be found in the rear... I've just never found it.