Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve coolant disappearing??

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
2006 ve v, had a slow Leak from heater hoses, so I replaced them, coolant level was fine for about 2 months now it's going down about a liter every month, no signs of leaks anywhere n no leaks onto the floor..... Could the cap be the issue?? If so And the coolant isnt going back into the overflow, wouldn't it just be on the floor??

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Check you oil too and see how it looks. Car overheating? Could be evaporation from the Cap. Also bleed the system as you may have huge air pockets after changing the hoses.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Best to take it to a radiator repair work shop where they can give the cooling system a pressure check. At the rate of a liter per month, if it were to be leaking externally, it would be evaporating before it reached the ground, making it a bit hard to detect though a 'tell tale' residue might be visible. Personally, I would simply put some cooling system sealer in and that should stop the leak, if that is what the problem is.

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Might top it up n change the cap see how I go,

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
I was pondering the exact question, lol this may be a silly gesture but I could actually smell coolant burning like it was it was leaknf on the exhaust manifold shielding but from the cap exactly.