Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Cruise Control

katu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I've got the same problem on VE Berlina...It won't go for Cruise Active, just sits there with Cruise ON, no metter how many times I try rotating the indicator switch. After switching the engine off and then back on, it seems to come back to life.
Does anybody know if this is definitely related to the indicator wires? I'm thinking it may be to do with the actuator (or whatever it is) or software that controls acceleration...and I don't want to replace the indicator switch for nothing.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Sounds like a computer thing to me...

Its one thing I've never had happen!

katu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
That's what I was thinking...Hmm, I'll get it in for extensive electrical check...Cheers

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
do these use a switch on the brake pedal like the older VN-VS setups? On the older systems they will turn ON but not SET if the car thinks the brake pedal is being depressed due to a dodgy/out of adjustment switch.

katu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
This would make sense mate, but how come it's resolved after engine restart? Maybe because you usually press the brake pedal when you start the engine and that re-aligns the pedal switch...I'll check that out. Cheers

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
This would make sense mate, but how come it's resolved after engine restart? Maybe because you usually press the brake pedal when you start the engine and that re-aligns the pedal switch...I'll check that out. Cheers

dunno......my newest car is a VR so I do not actually know anything about the new fangled ones. I am thinking though that they must operate in a similar way....that is ......they have a way to tell when to disengage.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
The brake (and clutch where applicable) will disengage CC. never tried the handbrake though...

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
On my 2011 mod, I waited for it to get worse and happen a lot and they changed the stalk. Never faulted again.
I think a wire may get squashed during assembly causing the issue and an upgrade was made on the stalk.
They had no stock of new type and must have just fitted a new original model with care as it worked fine.