Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve dash not working please help!!!

MrMickals

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
#Please please help - dash not working

I have just gone to strat my car and the car starts fine but i have no dash at all. The orange engine light comes on but thats it. no system check in the middle, nothing. Radio works, the buttons on the steering wheel dont but they light up. Tacho does not work and neither does the speedo or the temp guage can someone please give me some suggestions.

The car is a ve 2007 holden commodore.
Thanks
Mick

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
bad connection maybe, check fuses under bonnet and in cab, have a look at previous thread- identical??, google stealth switch on here, there is pics of it

MrMickals

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
Thanks for the reply. I actually replied to the other almost identical thread but heard nothing so thought I'd create new.
I've checked all fuses under the bonnet and in boot with a test lamp all work ok. I didnt stop to think that there maybe fuses in the cab as there are a crap load under the bonnet so will check them tomorrow.
I presume my car has no stealth switch as it isn't an ex police vechile. I may be wrong. I've searched for the steath switch but nothing.
I'm really hoping it is something as simple as a bad connection. I'll pull the cluster out tomorrow to see if theres anything out of the ordinary.
Let ya know how it goes.

MrMickals

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
Ok so I've checked fuses in the cab, all are fine. I pulled the cluster out to see if the wiring had come loose but everything looks good. One thing I did notice was the fuel gauge stays at quater, even when its not connected. Could this maybe mean that my cluster is dead??

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
The stealth mode is turned on when you press the two buttons simultaneously that are located under the light switch.

MrMickals

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
If you mean the two dimmer buttons above the light switch then yes I have tried this. All that happens is the stereo goes black, its not having any effect on the cluster like its supposed to.

MrMickals

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
Still up for any suggestions.
I'm lost for ideas. Thinking about trying a new cluster when I can afford it.

BowTieGQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.8 ;)
When you said you replied to a near identical thread I thought it was mine. I have the same problem with my Mrs' VE. I've checked everything (I think) and searched heaps. I found nothing to help. I've given up and going to handball it to an auto elec. Unless you find your problem earlier, I'll get back to this thread with my results, as well as my own thread, and let you know.

Tosspot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
I had a similar problem and went through the same checks as you. I figured it was the cluster but took it to a sparky to check out who charged me $200 to tell me it was the cluster anyway. If you get a replacement cluster you may need to get it programmed to much your vin. Some get lucky and works without a reprogram but others won't work properly without one. holden can only reprogram clusters with less than 100 km on them (ie new ones). Their are various places that can reprogram any cluster to your vin and any kilometres you want. Plenty of second hand ones on eBay and some advertised including reprogramming for a couple of hundred bucks or so. Some second hand ones for as little as $50 so worth just getting one And giving it a shot. Cheaper than a sparkyGood luck with it.

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Simular random issue with my 06 VE ss. Only the radio/CD section does not light up at random. Only started after some gravel road work. I have no idea either.