Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Dash Tweeters

V8s and beer

Everything else is trivia
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 R8 Clubsport LSA Tourer #0035
Hey people,
I have had a quick search but cannot find a thread that helps.
How do I disassamble the dash to replace the dash tweeters?? The door speakers I have checked, and they are garbage, so I would like to change the tweeters at the same time because i am dead sure they will be complete dog spit also.
Premium sound system.......Holden are Kidding.

Anybody help??

Cheers.

UTESV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
the cover just un clips start from the center speeker end and gentley lift up until all clips come out

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
hey buddy i want to replace mine to ive got a 08 ve just wondering what the speaker sizes are in the doors

UTESV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
i replaced mine with 6 1\2'' splits just have to cut the back of speaker pod in the door for the cone to fit in

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
also sorry will cutting the centre speaker so it doesnt work affect my bluetooth phone at all

V8s and beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate,

Thanks for that UTESV6. great help.

To mostwanted, I have not opened the rear doors yet, but I changed the fronts today and 6.5's went straight in, same fixing holes actually. Also, I cut my centre speaker out about 6 months ago...bluetooth has worked fine since.

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
alright awsome what kind of speakers did you put in and alos did they make a good differance thanks mate

V8s and beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I put Alpines in. Made a big difference. The speakers that came out were paper cone things, and drivers were not very big. I am thinking of putting some 3 ways in the back doors...not sure yet. But I reckon the first thing you should do is pull the cord on that centre speaker....it is a disgrace and has no rightful place in a sound system.

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Yeah, I put Alpines in. Made a big difference. The speakers that came out were paper cone things, and drivers were not very big. I am thinking of putting some 3 ways in the back doors...not sure yet. But I reckon the first thing you should do is pull the cord on that centre speaker....it is a disgrace and has no rightful place in a sound system.

A centre speaker is a cheats way of getting good imaging with the crappy speakers in the positions they're in.