Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve electric windows

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Just occurred to me. If you've had a fire, there could be an absolute **** show of faults.
Personally, I'd replace the harnesses through the car
The problem with fires and melted looms is that, as an example, a 12v wire melts along with a 5V signal wire that’s bundled in the same loom and the signal wire goes to some module… Now you’ve got modul hardware that sees 12v when it expects max 5V and depending on the circuit design within the module you may is have a hard fault :oops:

It’s been mentioned earlier.

Whenever there is a fire, even a small fire, where a wiring loom is damaged, an investigation into where every wire within that impacted loom and what function each wire performs needs to be undertaken. Maybe swapping a loom will work, but maybe you’ll need to replace a bunch of modules and knowing that before money is spend is a good idea..

As for those wire tracing probes, never used one but they seem like a great idea. But I’d be a bit cautions when a loom has been damaged by fire… I’d hate to inject some voltage only to find out that the wire I’m tracing is fused with an airbag wire that wasn’t a huge problem until the voltage was injected and the airbag went off :oops: Maybe it’s not a problem but maybe it is:oops: For non fire related checks where it’s just one wire that’s mechanically fatigued, seems like a great tool :cool:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I think it was @VFSV6FORME that had a similar issue going on and resolved it.
To long for me to remember.
Yes Super busy ATM. Always buy those Relays and keep a spare in your glove box as the Same for the windows used for the Fuel Pump.
Only a week after I had Trouble with my window my neighbours V6 car stopped half way (Fuel Pump Relay) to Warwick QLD and the Tow cost him dearly and if he knows his car he could have taken the central locking or power windows relay out and used to the fuel pump.
I got those relay at a Holden Stealer in Brisbane and they were cheap so I bought more of them