Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE electrical gremlins

wayneoVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR berlina
guys gota problem with a Ve wagon . brakes lights staying on . and electrics work when they want to . have to remove fuse to stop the brake lights from flattening the battery. new globes and contacts look good. have removed the brake switch (non adjustable ) as it is fixed with one 7mm bolt and the lights still stay on .... any ideas would be a help please

cheers

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
When you say removed... you mean unplugged as well right?

Is your cruise still functioning? If it is fair chance you've developed a short in the wiring to the rear.

wayneoVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR berlina
i removed the switch and disconnected it. and no cruise isnt working and windows are intermittent

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Hmmm.... both totally unrelated issues. When you say windows intermittent. Do they just sometimes flat out don't work at all as in all four, just the drivers? Will go down but not back up or vice versa?

Sorry for all the questions and not much help but it's this info that helps sort out between computer faults and wiring faults.

Any work or mods done recently? Anything at all.

Head down to the battery and make sure all plugs are tight and no loose connections. Also double check your earth points when you see any, just make sure their bolt to the body is tight.

If you feel so inclined, pop the front kick panels out on both sides and check all of those plugs as well.

Also look for corrosion and water damage.

Not much to go with yet but hopefully can help narrow it down.

Last thing, access the bcm located directly above the accelerator pedal and make sure every plug is tight into that as well... or inspect for damage to the two harnesses leading up to it.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Have you got a tow bar fitted could be a bad earth somewhere in the wiring, had a few issues with my car when I bought it & turned out to be tow bar wiring

wayneoVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR berlina
its a friends . the drivers window keeps on blowing fuses and he has to remove the fuse to get the brake lights off.no tow bar fitted. he has had an after market head unit fitted but all so i thought an aftermarket heating and A/C set up. he says he had the electrical problem before he had the install. and it was done by alberts audio WA. im trying to get a foto of the set up

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Yep, the fascia kit he has and i dont see how it would cause an issue. I'd be pulling apart the arse end around the battery and i bet you'll find the problem in there. Especially if it's blowing fuses... the window fuse is a big one to blow so it must be a decent short thats happening.

wayneoVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR berlina
do they have alot of problems with water ingress etc in that area ?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I have heard of something along those lines.... but not common.