Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE fuel readouts are pretty 'spot-on'

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
ran the tank down to empty this morning just to see how many k's I could squeeze around town.
Read-out registered 556k's at an ave of 12.1L per 100k.
The fuel tank readout registered 67.1l used out of 73litres
The fuel pump at the servo took 68.5l to fill it back up again..........:whistling
Soooooooooo..........if you ever run it down, just leave a lil' extra guys.

Cheers Rogues

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
Would have liked a bit better mileage though........have to drive like a 'cardigan driver' to get better though around town.................
Also the 'low fuel' warning comes on with 10L to go and definitely down in the 'red' so that is a plus compared to previous dramas with the VZ.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
all well its good to see holden spent the 1 billion in designing a good fuel guage,

btw has everyone seen the fuel tank, id like too see how the picks in the tank works, if people havnt seen it, the tank sits over tail shaft so there is a high point in the centre with low points either side

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
ran the tank down to empty this morning just to see how many k's I could squeeze around town.
Read-out registered 556k's at an ave of 12.1L per 100k.
The fuel tank readout registered 67.1l used out of 73litres
The fuel pump at the servo took 68.5l to fill it back up again..........:whistling
Soooooooooo..........if you ever run it down, just leave a lil' extra guys.

Cheers Rogues

The SSV only has the single window readout and thus doesn't have fuel used. It only says "low" for km to go when the low fuel indicator happens which is a pain in the backside. My VTII had fuel used which was normally within 1 litre and *much* more useful than Km to go.

Reaper

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
With the SSV, before you start the car, press the scroll button down and hold while starting. This will get you into Engineering Mode. In this mode you can select 'remaining fuel' which continues til empty. So if you have 6 litres remaining and you average is 12.5 L per 100k, you should be able to achieve 48 k's roughly before you run out. Give your self some room for error as the litres per 100 k's is based on you recent driving manner so if you floor it, you will run out sooner!!
Other interesting items as well such as throttle %, coolant temp, instant fuel usage (Litres per hour). Tyre pressure is also there but obviously not fitted to this model, maybe future models can do this.
Have fun.

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
With the SSV, before you start the car, press the scroll button down and hold while starting. This will get you into Engineering Mode. In this mode you can select 'remaining fuel' which continues til empty. So if you have 6 litres remaining and you average is 12.5 L per 100k, you should be able to achieve 75 k's roughly before you run out. Give your self some room for error as the litres per 100 k's is based on you recent driving manner so if you floor it, you will run out sooner!!
Other interesting items as well such as throttle %, coolant temp, instant fuel usage (Litres per hour). Tyre pressure is also there but obviously not fitted to this model, maybe future models can do this.
Have fun.

Cool - very handy to know that one. Any idea how the "Oil Life" is calculated? Is it via a sensor or just based on km since the last oil change?

Reaper

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
Not sure about that one, doesn't make sense?? Also i miscalculated the K's in my previous post, it is 48K's (has been edited), still a cool tool.
I forgot to fill the other day and was struggling to find a servo and managed to run it until it displayed 2 litres remaining, so I think it is pretty accurate. On normal mode you get the fuel warning at approx 40K to go and after that you don't really know as it hides the 'distance to empty'......that is unless you go to Engineering mode!:thumbsup:

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
'Balls of Steel' there Mov............:thumbsup: ..2 litres to go.......thats running close to the edge mate, you'd have to be confident in the accuracy there.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not sure about that one, doesn't make sense?? Also i miscalculated the K's in my previous post, it is 48K's (has been edited), still a cool tool.
I forgot to fill the other day and was struggling to find a servo and managed to run it until it displayed 2 litres remaining, so I think it is pretty accurate. On normal mode you get the fuel warning at approx 40K to go and after that you don't really know as it hides the 'distance to empty'......that is unless you go to Engineering mode!:thumbsup:

Yeah my VY had estimated KM right down to 0 but was very inaccurate when it was low, especially when I was towing. The VE says "low" which is even worse. Litres to go is very handy.

Reaper

p.s. DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF THE SEATBELT CHIME - IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!