Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE GTS + Cam-only + OTR

Chris@russo

Reaction score
I had the opportunity recently to install and tune a cam-only package to a new VE GTS.

In stocker form the GTS pulled a dismal 195RWKW!! Shortly before the stocker clutch expires on the dyno!! We can only assume the clutch situation was primarily responsible for the low “before” result. Naturally we would expect a bigger number, even from a stocker VESS..

Perhaps others have seen low numbers from stocker HSV GTS’s before?

Anyway the mods quickly followed…

*Russo VE OTR
*Russo E38 Custom Mafless Dyno tune
*Headers & Twin 3” system
*921 Pac valve springs
*Comp Camshaft
*25% UDP

Suffice to say the enhancements paid off, with a not –to-shabby and very streetable 306RWKW result…:)

Here are a couple of pics.

2091211438_4918f8ffb7.jpg

2090429579_7c308936ec.jpg

2091212728_f90a8cb77d.jpg

2091210898_a521b930af.jpg

cano1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS stateo 5ltr
a standard one pulls 230rwkw,take it to someone else and get it dynoed cause it should make alot more

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
That is one horny GTS mate!!!

Chris@russo

Reaction score
195RWKW did seem a bit low but I backed it up 3 times on our Mainline dyno…it must have been the stock clutch on it wat out. The customer loves the new setup & here is a sound file. This commodore sounds awesome

YouTube - Russo HSV GTS Cam-Only

The drivability of this GTS is awesome & and sounds tough, I didn’t want to give it back to the customer…lol :D

Last edited:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
195RWKW did seem a bit low but I backed it up 3 times on our Mainline dyno…it must have been the stock clutch on it wat out. The customer loves the new setup & here is a sound file. This commodore sounds awesome

The drivability of this GTS is awesome & and sounds tough, I didn’t want to give it back to the customer…lol :D

Is that the same kit that you have for $2800 on your website?

Also, the youtube code doesn't work here like it does on LS1.

Chris@russo

Reaction score
Is that the same kit that you have for $2800 on your website?

Also, the youtube code doesn't work here like it does on LS1.

No the VE camshaft only package would cost a bit more then the LS1 $2800 package it would work out to be around $3200 to $3400 depending on the size of camshaft/valve springs ect.

Thanks mate I think I got it to work but I don’t know how..lol :thumbsup:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
No the VE camshaft only package would cost a bit more then the LS1 $2800 package it would work out to be around $3200 to $3400 depending on the size of camshaft/valve springs ect.

Hmmmm... Good to know... I'm after the lumpy sound more than anything. The extra power is just a bonus (but adding a "rwkw" sticker under the 307 would be cool). But I don't want to f*ck the engine at all... Want it to be nice and safe at the same time.

How long would it take do do typically? I know the engine has to come out. Would be cool to come up and get it done, photo document the progress etc... Accomodation near you guys anywhere?

Chris@russo

Reaction score
Hmmmm... Good to know... I'm after the lumpy sound more than anything. The extra power is just a bonus (but adding a "rwkw" sticker under the 307 would be cool). But I don't want to f*ck the engine at all... Want it to be nice and safe at the same time.

How long would it take do do typically? I know the engine has to come out. Would be cool to come up and get it done, photo document the progress etc... Accomodation near you guys anywhere?

It would take 2 to 3 day turn over for a cam package like this one. Sure you could come up and photo document the cam install, there is accommodation in the area.