Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve gts e1 flasher unit location??

clubby500

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport
Just replaced the tail light modules in my gts as both flasher are going fast and too my disapointment neither are fixed!!!!!
So im thinking the problem must be there flasher unit? Where are theser located as i cant find anything in the fuse box in engine bay or l/h kick panel.
Any other suggestions?

kwaka738

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09 Berlina Sportwagon
Temporarily put one of the old tail lights back in and see if the indicators flash at the correct rate (on this side). Your problem could be due to the new lights are drawing more current than the old tail lamps.

Is the wattage of the new tail lights higher than the wattage of the previous lights?

clubby500

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport
Temporarily put one of the old tail lights back in and see if the indicators flash at the correct rate (on this side). Your problem could be due to the new lights are drawing more current than the old tail lamps.

Is the wattage of the new tail lights higher than the wattage of the previous lights?

Its the tail light modules i replaced not the whole lights. My money is on flasher unit.
Usually i turn the indicator on and listen for a relay clicking to find one if they arent marked but the ve indicator is that bloddy loud i cant pin point it.
Knowing my luck it is inbuild into the cluster or something.

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
thry dont have a flasher realy the clicking sound is the cluster the gm lan controls the indicator take ur seat belt off when indicating and the noise will stop while the seatbelt reminder is dinging

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
oh and u dont have a tow bar fitted by any chance as the tow bar wiring has a ecu to control flash rate when trailor is attached

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
As well as an issue with the module, theres a revised harness to stop the fast flashing.

clubby500

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport
As well as an issue with the module, theres a revised harness to stop the fast flashing.

Anymore info on this harness? I want to try and sort it out without going to the dealer and charged arm and a leg.
For such a simple system such as a blinker to go wrong on a 80k car is an absolute joke.
What's it going to be next model? Wipers that cut out when it rains.
I'm about to fit twin 2876s and the last thing I need is a cop seeing my blinkers flashing fast and pulling me over to sus out if he can get me for a blown globe. Then decideds to pop the bonnet when he hears my exhaust note and BANG here's your defect notice.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
My bad its only the early HSVs that needed the harness to suit the revised modules that cured the fault.

The revised modules have a yellow dot on them...

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Are any of the LEDs or side/front indicators blown?