Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE GTS seat wiring HELP

mellohsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx/vz
VE GTS front seats were stolen and they cut the wires off at the floor leaving no connector/plugs for me to connect the new seats back into.

The wires coming out of the seats are different colours to the wires coming out of the floor harness, Does anyone know what colour goes with what, or could someone remove the plastic strip beside the seat of there car and tell me what lines up with what.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
If you find the user Ari666, he may have some information. He was messing around with some seats not long ago.

Long shot but worth a try.

mellohsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx/vz
If you find the user Ari666, he may have some information. He was messing around with some seats not long ago.

Long shot but worth a try.

Thanks. I tried Ari but he was not sure

mellohsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx/vz
I've since found another post on here with pictures showing some of the wires, now all I need to know is what colour goes with what

mellohsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx/vz
Couple more questions for people, are SV6 SS-V and some other models, do they all use the same connectors and have the same wiring as the VE GTS?

And I think I have 4 black wires on the drivers side, are they all the same or do they run different currents or something through them, so I think two blacks go to the air bag connector, so does it matter which black wire out of the 4 black wires?

prktkljokr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega, W204 Mercedes C180 coupe
Go cut the connectors out of a wreck, then supply what you have to a auto electrician, im sure you would get it all connected safetly for under $200.

Really not worth having a guess when it comes to the airbag side of the wiring, you could set the seats air bags off if not connected right, costing you a lot more

mellohsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx/vz
Go cut the connectors out of a wreck, then supply what you have to a auto electrician, im sure you would get it all connected safetly for under $200.

Really not worth having a guess when it comes to the airbag side of the wiring, you could set the seats air bags off if not connected right, costing you a lot more

That is my plan, but the electrician I spoke to said he would have to track the wiring loom all the way back to where it comes from to work out which ones are the air bags etc, personally i think he doesn't know what he's talking about or hes trying to make extra money, hence the reason I'm trying to figure these wires out and then I will get a different electrician to come out and wire it up, but I want to get advice first so that I have a fairly good idea on where the wires go just incase this electrician goes to wire it up wrong