Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Handbreak Change?

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
Lmfao at this thread is it me or are the threads in the ve sections going down hill.
Sorry man but it's a just hand brake

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
The other thing is the are a few different types of handbrakes around so I wouldn't call one type normal.
There is nothing wrong with the ve handbrake you will get used to it all you have to do is pull it up when u want to park

Cazzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
You guys dont understand?

If someone wants to modify something on their car.. and come to a commodore forum to discuss it, and the other members have the same attitued as this. then where do people who have these problems to discuss go?

basically.. it looks gay... i think so and i want to change it. weather you agree or not, please dont negotiate it with me. I know that before going and re designing something its worth actually reviewing what your doing. and i have done this. I dont like it and i would like to change it. Help me of #### off really.

ollie_yzf

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE sv6 ute
Why do you guys care so much about the handbrake? You dont realy see it when its not in use, it matches the rest of the cab. If your having trouble with the handbrake, I dont think you should be driving a car at all.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
at least its not a camry or aurion with a footbrake!

Get over the friggin handbrake, you only use it when your not in the car!!! how the hell does it matter what it looks like when your not in the bloody thing!

it would only be something in need of improvement if you were going to Drift (LOL) or do motorkhana events in (DOUBLE LOL)

agreed, the VE threads are plummiting

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
it just seems like all the time and effort in fabricating a new brake lever could be better spent elsewhere or not at all... unless you plan on keeping the car for the rest of your life it will most likely be replaced in 3-5 years and soon in the future i am sure will just a button on the dashboard!!!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Look, when Holden committed 1Billion $$$ to the VE they completely forgot about the handbrake design.

No, they designed it exactly right. Whilst I agree it looks **** it is the most practical solution for the manufacturing side of things and is a piece of piss to convert to the LHD market.