Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE HVAC System Info

GTS98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV REDLINE
If you need to re-gas it, its leaking,
there is NO reason you need to keep re-gassing it, as they are Sealed Systems

Did the air con tech not vac it properly ?,
and leave it for 1/2 hour and check the result,
Place fluorescent oil in it ?, that will indicate the leak under UV light.

The VERY common place they leak is the High pressure hose between the condenser and the motor,
just before the compressor,

Image is worth a thousand words.
If you need to re-gas it, its leaking,
there is NO reason you need to keep re-gassing it, as they are Sealed Systems

Did the air con tech not vac it properly ?,
and leave it for 1/2 hour and check the result,
Place fluorescent oil in it ?, that will indicate the leak under UV light.

The VERY common place they leak is the High pressure hose between the condenser and the motor,
just before the compressor,

Image is worth a thousand words.
G’day, thanks for the reply, update I got it looked at today and yeah it’s the hose, the mechanic said he doesn’t know how any A/C mechanic didn’t spot this, he said ( I may have all the terminology wrong) that it’s a common fault with the VE as when holden first designed the hose it wasn’t a sealed unit but holden re manufactured the part and now it is a sealed unit??? Some people may know what all that means but I wouldn’t have a clue, anyway it’s been ordered from holden and gets fitted next Thursday…. He said the compressor, condensor are all good. So here’s hoping come next Thursday it’s all sweet. $770 for the part, labour, regassing and to service the system….

GTS98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV REDLINE
bayside radiators in seaford
one of the best guys around
and super honest
took a viva in to get compressor replaced
turned out there was a little bypass valve inside the compressor
$170 later fixed and regassed
next mazda 6
leaking schrader valve $140 fixed and regassed
G’day
Thanks for the reply, it was found that the hose was leaking, not a mechanic of any sort but the air con mechanic said that when holden designed the hose now this part I would have a clue ( it wasn’t a sealed unit) but holden re manufactured the hose to make it a sealed unit. He also said that 9/10 A/C issues for the VE are the original hose, so it it’s getting fitted next Thursday with the new hose from holden, hopefully my air con doesn’t have any further issues. $770 for the part, labour, regas and the service……

GTS98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV REDLINE
G’day
Thanks for the reply, it was found that the hose was leaking, not a mechanic of any sort but the air con mechanic said that when holden designed the hose now this part I would have a clue ( it wasn’t a sealed unit) but holden re manufactured the hose to make it a sealed unit. He also said that 9/10 A/C issues for the VE are the original hose, so it it’s getting fitted next Thursday with the new hose from holden, hopefully my air con doesn’t have any further issues. $770 for the part, labour, regas and the service……
Yeah meant now this part I wouldn’t have a clue what he actually meant maybe someone on here might what that means about the hose

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
G’day, thanks for the reply, update I got it looked at today and yeah it’s the hose, the mechanic said he doesn’t know how any A/C mechanic didn’t spot this, he said ( I may have all the terminology wrong) that it’s a common fault with the VE as when holden first designed the hose it wasn’t a sealed unit but holden re manufactured the part and now it is a sealed unit??? Some people may know what all that means but I wouldn’t have a clue, anyway it’s been ordered from holden and gets fitted next Thursday…. He said the compressor, condenser are all good. So here’s hoping come next Thursday it’s all sweet. $770 for the part, labor, re-gassing and to service the system….
Your welcome,
Fantastic result !,
Glad the hear it’s being sorted out as I know the frustration,

There is a old saying I use sometimes !,
“It’s Horses for Courses!”
Enjoy being “Kool” :cool: this summer.
;)

Last edited:

GTS98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV REDLINE
Your welcome,
Fantastic result !,

There is a old saying I use some times !,
“It’s Horses for Courses !”
Enjoy being “Kool” this summer.
;)
, I shall do, it’s been awhile now, gave up on just regassing it a couple of years ago now… which absolutely sucked when the interior is leather… but hopefully this is a once and for all solution.

GTS98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV REDLINE
Your welcome,
Fantastic result !,

;)
That’s the pride and joy

Attachments

• IMG_9716.png
    IMG_9716.png
    524.6 KB · Views: 61

GTS98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV REDLINE
Your welcome,
Fantastic result !,

;)
G’day, just thought I’d give you an update, just got my redline back and the air con is all sorted and fixed…. I’ll know in roughly 3 months if the issue is fixed once and for all, but at this point in time is all cool…lol, they recalibrated the air vents also cos at times you could hear them constantly adjusting so that noise has all stopped, new hoses, regassed and servicing, bring on tomorrow when it’s going to be 32, been hating this weeks heat…. After 3 to 4 years of constant regassing and generally speaking being stuffed around to then just give up and to endure having no air con, finally got answers…..