Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE interiors look cheap

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Only having my VE for 5 weeks now, bit too early to start on about any complaints or problems, BUT I will say this, I don't know what the fuss is about the A-pillar, I have no problem with it whatsoever. I agree the handbrake looks ugly when engaged, but again something that doesn't bother me that greatly. Oh and nothing wrong with my glovebox it closes perfectly, unlike the one I had in my VY was a slightly better fit in my VZ. Just look at the pics super coach put up, you can see the HUGE difference in quality, nice layout of console and dash, IMO it's a vast improvement. Probably my only minor gripe is the door grips on the lower spec models I liked the full door type grips I had in my VZ, oh and the floor mats, WTF happened to the little rubber/plastic pad for your feet to rest on?? I have a feeling the mats will wear out alot quicker. So far me a very happy camper with my Lumina :yeah:

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Read my memo again pal. I referred to the cheaper models, not yours which is either an HSV or Calais.

Same dash materials and most plastic trims are the same too. Leather and suede are a step up in the HSVs but a lot of it is the same. I like the VE HSVs, but they have definitely gone Euro. Jump in an AMG or BMW, you'll find the same sort of stuff.

Sam

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The only models i've been able to drive are the two base models (omega and Berlina) and I personally think they are much nicer inside than VT-VZ. Good fit and finish as well.

However whilst they are better than VT-VZ and ERGONOMICALLY they are way ahead as well, 2 things need changing. One is the handbrake (looks good down but **** up). Second is the woodgrain trim on the Berlina, that was horrible.

I noticed recently that the wood trim on the Berlina dash has been flicked for a silver finish. Good move. The woodgrain was the worst example of plastic wood I have ever seen and looked totally out of place in the VE interior.'

The handbrake was designed to accommodate easy conversion between left and right hand drive during production. It doesn't worry me because it spends 95% of its time down when driving and looks neat the way it integrates with the console.

The comparo pictures show one distinct difference between the VZ and VE. the earlier models tended to use dark cloth or leather trims with complementary dark inserts, whilst the VE uses dark and light contrasts, which look more modern.

I guess the point I was making was that the VE isn't cheap these days, even with drive away deals, and the impression that a prospective buyer gains from the materials used in the interior could be better. How much does it cost to use more luxurious looking finishes than plain and cheap ones? And do some of the VE parts have to look so cheap?

Regards

pj

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
ha that about sums up my glovebox.

vz is nice but ve is better imo.

you can have the glovebox replaced under warrenty you know, i did

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
you can have the glovebox replaced under warrenty you know, i did

If they actually fixed it, you're one of the lucky ones. Holden had a go at it twice on mine (two separate dealers) and it still doesn't fit properly. :bang:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
If they actually fixed it, you're one of the lucky ones. Holden had a go at it twice on mine (two separate dealers) and it still doesn't fit properly. :bang:

as far as i was aware the problem with them is dodgy moulding???

sleek_vp

sleek_vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
as much as i love the work holdens put into the ve the only ve id go for is the gts but for cheaper performance id always buy a 6ltr vz ss over a ve ss coz i just think they look much more sleeker/elegant&tougher, iv got an 05' vz exec and i love it it looks great goes hard and the interior is awesome and with only 60k on the clock itl be with me for a long time yet, very happy (especially with the alloy-tec)

Christine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SII
I had a phantom black '07 Omega for the last 3 years and just picked up a Poison Ivy '10 SII SV6. The Omega looks like a piece of crap compared to the SV6.
The Omega just looked boring and cheap.
Loving the interior in the SV6 though. Looks fantastic.