Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE interiors look cheap

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Thread_dig2.jpg

That said - the Series II VE interiors are much, much nicer than the Series I VE interiors.

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
I kind of agree with this,

The VZ I had has the soft touch material all the way down the door, and the rear of the seats. However the hard dash plastics felt cheap as chips. In turn the soft touch plastics of the VE crap all over that of the VZ and the hard plastics of the dash feel of better quality and fit is a step up.

However, the soft touch plastics don't go all the way down the door, or the seat backs and are much more easily scratched. Shadow chrome on the steering wheel has been replaced with silver plastic and the door handles are no longer made with real metal (I really liked that in the VZ, it just oozed class, so nice to touch, cold the touch)

I have noticed though in riding in Omega over my SS-V the soft touch pads that sit atop of the doors, are actually moulded plastics, and not soft to the touch. I don't know if this like it all later VE's. All the lower alcantara trimming is gone in the Series II. That's just cheaping out.

rossymond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS SPORTWAGON - ORDERED!
That said I personally think the interior shits all over similar class cars. I've spent 4 days in my new ssv and I've never had so much comfort etc. Personally I think they are great, everything is where you want it and feels well made.
Although all previous cars where Japanese.....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Some of the interiors don't look the best but I love my ve sv6 looks fantastic, I'm in the process of wrapping interior parts (being a signwriter has perks ;) ) just so happens we get vinyl that is nearly an exact match to red hot