Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE iPAD Installation - Check this out !!!

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
There is a bracket for the US Equivilent (Pontiac G8) made by PADHOLDR.com but it looks as cheap and nasty as those silly brackets you use to stick a GPS or iPhone to your windscreen. I'd prefer something that replaces the centre speaker in the dash.

AgentOrange

AgentOrange
Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet CSV CR8
Thanks for posting this on your forum. It's my car.
I originally wanted to put in a car PC in but then figured that with an IPAD I don't have to worry about booting issues, and it would be easy to take the IPAD into the house and update music, software etc...
I wanted to install it over the original stereo to avoid issues with the AC controls, but since found that you can get electronic HVAC controls from the States. So I'm thinking of modifying it so it looks a lot more integrated into the dash.
The best Apps so far are, Navigon, Dashcommand and Beatpad (Sounds awesome through the subs when you hit the bass drums)
It's not as hard it looks, and I'm not usually this creative, just took it step by step and learnt how to work with fibreglass by watching Youtube video's.

chocco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SportWagon, VZ Crewman Cross 8
Westy,

Is something you will be making available to the public or just a one off !!!!!!!

AgentOrange,

Fantastic effort, do you have a link for the HVAC in the states ????

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Westy,

Is something you will be making available to the public or just a one off !!!!!!!

AgentOrange,

Fantastic effort, do you have a link for the HVAC in the states ????

Hey mate, it will be one off, however i will try and take as many photos and answer any q's you have about it so someone can replicate it.

:)

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
This is mine in mockup stage with just a basic facia, will look heaps better soon! :boxing:

Attachments

• DSCF5027.jpg
    DSCF5027.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,055

d3vi0us

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SV6 VE
Hi Westy, I know you post is old, but was woundering if you ever got this compleated, and where you got your controls for aircon etc