Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve L.O.C question. need help

VaNdLe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 V6
I want to install a Sub and Amp in my new VE Omega.

Ok i understand you need a L.O.C but i cannot find any information on where the best place to splice in the L.O.C in a VE Omega do they have parcel shelf speakers? if so where would be the easiest place to get to the parcel shelf speaker wires. If they dont have parcel shelf speakers stock the next place would be splicing at the rear doors, and once again where would the best place be to do minimal damage (ripping up trims) etc.
Cheers. Az

VaNdLe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 V6
23 Views , no Replies.....Seriously someone must know where the rear door speaker wires run and where is the easiest way to get to them for connecting a LOC
ive been searching the forum non stop and just keep coming across the same few post that dont cover this .

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Next to the head unit like most VE installs...

VaNdLe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 V6
Next to the head unit like most VE installs...

That is a pointless location to tap into - because the amp is in the boot and the back doors are closer then the head unit, so once again where do i tap into the rear speakers (without) going all the way back to the front of the car.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
How is that a pointless location? It's easier than taking all the trim off between the front and rear doors, finding the wires and having to use more wire to connect it to the LOC. So what if the amp is in the boot? I've tapped into the speaker harness from the head unit and ran RCA leads from there to the boot. Lots of people have done it this way.

If you think you know what you're doing then go for it.

VaNdLe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 V6
It's easier then taking all the trim off ? Yet if i follow what your saying i have to remove all the trim from the front to back anyway to get the RCA's down to the boot. :S

VaNdLe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 V6
i mean what im trying to achieve is tapping into a point closest to the boot so i have less trim to rip up because the LOC will already be closer to the amp do you know what i mean ?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Do it from the head unit or you'll be wasting wire. Go from the head unit, tuck the RCA's through the center console on the drivers side then run it under the seat and tuck it under the trim then to the boot.

dcBear

Reaction score
Website
flavors.me
Members Ride
2010 VE Calais
I tapped into the rear door speaker wire. You can find this at the base of the B pillar. You will need to remove these pieces anyway if you are running speaker wire to the front. From memory there is 5 wires that go through there, 3 for the windows and 2 for the speakers. Can't remember the exact colours but the 2 speaker wires were recognisably different thickness (either bigger or smaller, can't remember either). Getting access to the wiring loom on the head unit was my plan, but was too much of a pain in the ass to get to. Run speaker wire to the back (all of about $4 worth) to where you want to install your LOC (I used a processor instead, but same deal) and just use half metre RCA's.

Anything else you want to know just hit me up as I have done this all myself recently.

VaNdLe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 V6
I tapped into the rear door speaker wire. You can find this at the base of the B pillar. You will need to remove these pieces anyway if you are running speaker wire to the front. From memory there is 5 wires that go through there, 3 for the windows and 2 for the speakers. Can't remember the exact colours but the 2 speaker wires were recognisably different thickness (either bigger or smaller, can't remember either). Getting access to the wiring loom on the head unit was my plan, but was too much of a pain in the ass to get to. Run speaker wire to the back (all of about $4 worth) to where you want to install your LOC (I used a processor instead, but same deal) and just use half metre RCA's.

Anything else you want to know just hit me up as I have done this all myself recently.

Thanks for this info this is exactly what i wanted to do, im not worried about using a large amount of speaker wire but more worried about ripping up trims..
Short RCA's perfect :D

Would you be able to tell me how you got access to the base of the b-pillar like what part of the trim you removed first much appreciated.