Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE LCD not working

tash22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
How do I get the green LCD screen to work ? It lights up but blank. Can't get access to change audio settings bass / etc. Or do I need to buy a new one

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Look through this thread and you may be able to fix it by just following this hack listed by post #3

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...and-aircon-not-working-advice-or-info.164613/

It also may be a fuse that's causing the issue as well but you hope you don't need a new one as they're pricey, and the VE Stereo's need to be coded at the dealership, though there could be somebody that may be able to hack it, or something

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Ours did it once for a couple of hours about 6 months ago. The screen went blank, no information about heater controls or radio.
When I got home I switched the ignition off and after a couple of minutes switched it back on again and it was good as gold. It hasn't happened since, at the time l thought that it might have been a low voltage/ battery problem.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Cheers.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Ours did it once for a couple of hours about 6 months ago. The screen went blank, no information about heater controls or radio.
When I got home I switched the ignition off and after a couple of minutes switched it back on again and it was good as gold. It hasn't happened since, at the time l thought that it might have been a low voltage/ battery problem.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Cheers.
The exact same thing happened with me as well