Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Light bar

manualwagon

manualwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 calais, 2017 Triumph Tiger. 2023 Jolion HEV
Am looking at fitting an LED Light bar to my VE Calais, I do several long country runs returning from motorcycle events [Official]. Mounting is easy, bracket behind numberplate, Vic regulations say they must be wired to high beam. Wattage total would be approx 200, similar to two 100 watt halogens, Should I uprate the HiBeam relay? and are there any accessible places where I can thread wires into the cab for a switch? thanks in advance JP:idea3:

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra LX8 & LX6
I did this and it is truly awesome (I know its a VZ but principal is the same)
lightbar was $45 and bracket $37
Add a separate relay and ground trigger off the highbeam circuit that way any thing goes wrong with the bar later you don't lose all highbeams (positive is permanent, high beam switches on the negative)
I thought about and then decided not to add a switch Figure I will pull the fuse if I want it off for any reason..

lb2.jpg

lb3.jpg

Last edited:

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Am looking at fitting an LED Light bar to my VE Calais, I do several long country runs returning from motorcycle events [Official]. Mounting is easy, bracket behind numberplate, Vic regulations say they must be wired to high beam. Wattage total would be approx 200, similar to two 100 watt halogens, Should I uprate the HiBeam relay? and are there any accessible places where I can thread wires into the cab for a switch? thanks in advance JP:idea3:

Don't use the high beam relay. Install another relay dedicated to the additional light(s).Find a high beam 'hot wire' (when high beam switched on) use that as the trigger for the relay. If you have an automatic transmission, you can use the rubber bung that's installed to seal the space the clutch pedal would normally go through.