Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Maloo LS3 - Stalled, Cammed, 470rwhp

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Yeah i know how you feel, ive got a good vision in my head for my ute, but just gotta get the money together, but being my first decent car and first v8 im happy with it for now, would have loved to get a Maloo but the 6L has enough poke for me :) you will have to tell us what the coilovers are like, i wanna get coils for mine, but got no idea about brands and what is good

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Yeah my funds are going fast but still got some cash left for some little things.

My dad has a VE SS ute and I always found the 6L to be decent but the moment I drove my mates E3 Maloo GXP I knew I had to get an LS3. I was just lucky I found a black one with some mods to get me started in my price range.

I had coilovers in my SS for like 2 days lol until I decided it was time for bags. This time it's a responsible height mainly just trying to give it a tough stance. I'd recommend TEIN Coilovers because that's what my suspension guy recommends, otherwise anything other then D2 or K-Sport and you should be right. I have heard the actual Pedders coilovers are good but I would never take any of my cars there.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Maloo looks awesome all black mate, I would have loved an E3 Maloo but had to settle for a SSV which I'm still stoked with.

As for height, my ute is on SSSL's atm and the back wheels are just sitting on the tyres and the fronts are about 15-20mm above the tyre. IMO perfect stance would be guard just sitting on or above tyre all around, and that will give a slight rake and look tough.

Clearance is no major issue for me though, I drive over speed humps and rough driveways all the time and don't have any trouble. Depends on what the speed humps you mentioned would be like would determine your height accordingly though.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I personally never liked the E3 front, was pretty set on an E1 front becausea I think it looks tougher.

Good choice on the SSV but.

And the Maloo already sits fairly low I'm just used to cars tucking haha, I'm only worried about the side skirt vents

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Yeah fair call everyone is different hey.

Thanks mate, I do what I can to it, there is a build thread on it down the page here somewhere.

True, I never realized they sat lower.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
They have a dumb air vent at the back of them which hangs slightly lower then the rest of the side skirt, but it's all good, done a few tests on kerbs and some speed humps and I'll be able to go at least an inch drop all round which would have me just tucking at the back, and just over the top of the fronts. Perfect.

Should also mention that due to my maloo badges on the sailplanes being destroyed due to the black paint melting the glue causing the middle of the A's and O's to fall out, I have pulled some strings and got my hands on some VF Maloo badging. Subtle mods I like just as much as obnoxious ones :p

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Walkinshaw aerial arrived and fitted today, massive improvement over the massive stock one

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Private plates ordered too, time to give the car some personality.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
coilovers in tomorrow, had some loose c##t think it was funny to reverse into my car and bail at work today so will be fixing that up along with other scratches in the car next

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
and they are in:

2ppdnup.jpg