Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Mufflers

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
OK, so I know the Statesman/Caprice/Ute mufflers aren't interchangeable with the regular VE sedan. But do the wagons use the same rear mufflers as the sedans?

Reason I ask is I want to keep an eye out for some stock rear quad tip mufflers people throw up on eBay from time to time just to get the quad tip look at the rear. No, I don't want to pretend I have a V8, just want to fill the exhaust cut outs on both sides and have a nicer rear look.

Cheers!

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
No I don't believe they're the same. Muffler itself is but rear length to tips is longer on wagon so they'd sit right in the rear bar.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
No I don't believe they're the same. Muffler itself is but rear length to tips is longer on wagon so they'd sit right in the rear bar.

Hmmm... I know that's the case if you try to put them on a Statesman or Caprice. But for some reason I had it in my head that the sedan and wagon were the same...

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought they were the same? I know KPM's systems are the same for wagon and sedan. Ryfus, i have a set off my wagon if your interested?
Cheers.

I thought so too.

Yup - I'm definitely interested. Don't suppose to come into Melbourne at all? What do you want for them?

Cheers!

(take it to PM if you like)

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
The wagon has that little bit more length in the back. Unless something has changed since I last saw them. Musnt be much in it them if Jon say they're the same.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
The wagon has that little bit more length in the back. Unless something has changed since I last saw them. Musnt be much in it them if Jon say they're the same.

Thing is, I know for a FACT the VE is the first Commodore where the Wagon and Sedan shared the wheelbase/chassis. The more I think about it, the more I think the exhaust for sedans and wagons is the same. The LWB models (Statesman/Caprice/Ute) have the extra length in the pipes that come from the muffler.

No matter - if I can score a set from azzss from his wagon, it's a guarantee! :D

azzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 9.5 SSV Sportswagon M6 & 08 prado D4D GXL M6
Thing is, I know for a FACT the VE is the first Commodore where the Wagon and Sedan shared the wheelbase/chassis. The more I think about it, the more I think the exhaust for sedans and wagons is the same. The LWB models (Statesman/Caprice/Ute) have the extra length in the pipes that come from the muffler.

No matter - if I can score a set from azzss from his wagon, it's a guarantee! :D

PM sent mate.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Hahaha, mine and his are sitting in the same shelf at our workshop so it'll soon be obvious if they're the same or not. Will check it out on the weekend.

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Always thought they were different. Well they're you go I stand corrected.