Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Non Flip Key to Flip Key

riSScky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2003 & VE SII SS MY12
You can buy a flip key from here

3 Button Flip Key Remote Shell Case Blade for VE Holden Commodore Sale-Banggood.com

All you have to do is get the key blade cut, then either a. unclip the part on your old key that holds the key blade and clip the new one on (when you unclip the part that holds the blade of your non-flip key you will see there is already a slot
down the side of the key housing for the blade to sit in with a flip mechanism

b. take out the internals of your old key housing and put them in the new key housing.

I chose to just swap the key blade because the buttons on my key are still in perfect condition and it works great.

trav-p

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina sportswagon
i also had the same idea, i just bought the blank flip key off ebay and just swapped the key part as the buttons were decent, but when using the flip key the car wont start..

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
You need to remove the transponder chip from the old key and insert it into the new one its glued in so u will need to be careful when removing it not to damage it look for the how to on you tube

trav-p

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina sportswagon
hey man, couldnt find transponder, or the youtube video?? any more ideas?

when i look in the end of my key there is nothing apart from where the non-flip key blade is embedded in the plastic.

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW
The transponder is embeded in the solid plastic end. If you place your old key next to the key start and use your new key - the car will start.

You can use your old key and create a transponder bypass which is wired into your current transponder circuit. watch this guy here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X07aa5mYEZk it shouldnt be too hard to replicate.

Good luck with it