Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega 09 Headunit to SV6

NickyG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Omega
G,day guys just wondering how many of you have converted to the sv6 head unit from the omega H/U i heard it is possible but will cost around 2k for the parts alone.. Please any information on this would be great.

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
it can be done, It shouldnt cost anywhere near 2K
well saying thats it depends of if you want it new or used and installing it yourself
You can get all the parts of ebay for cheap, the SV6 unit is pretty cheap
if you install it yourself all you need todo is take it to a dealer to get some codes changed and thats only a little fee

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
it can be done, It shouldnt cost anywhere near 2K
well saying thats it depends of if you want it new or used and installing it yourself
You can get all the parts of ebay for cheap, the SV6 unit is pretty cheap
if you install it yourself all you need todo is take it to a dealer to get some codes changed and thats only a little fee

I have an SV6 head unit for sale if your interested.

I personally wouldnt wast my time with the SV6 headunit though.

I fitted a Calais headunit to my SV6. So much better.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Yep, its possible, however you will need to program the VIN number on the Headunit.
This can be done using an EEPROM programmer and a clip, which can be bought for around $50...
(Headunit is extra of course)

NickyG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Omega
To be honest i haven't seen the calias head units.. swish?

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Talk to ms_enj, she'll be able to tell you exactly what you need. As I understand it, the SV6 stereo is no different (bar colour) from the Omega Stereo. And that your next upgrade is either SS or Berlina/Calais - which is what she has.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
The SV6, and SS Head units are very similar to the Omega unit, with the exception that the CD Stacker supports MP3s, and has more Wattage...

The Berlina is the next step up from that, and has a large single colour LCD screen, and support Dual Zone Climate control..

The Next step up is the SS-V / Calais Head units, which have a colour LCD screen, supports composite video input (Such as reverse camera, roof mounted DVD player),
Supports the factory Sat-Nav system by displaying map information, supports Dual Zone Climate Control, and supports Park assist (Displays object distances on the display)...

The SS-V, Calais Units are the way to go if you want to retain a stock setup. (I.E. no iPad, Andriod, in car PC system)..
There are a couple of threads here discussing what is required if you wanted to fit a SS-V / Calais (Colour LCD Radio HVAC Head unit)...
It basically requires some EEPROM programming, and some wiring (or fudging of wiring)...

This page shows the Calais Head unit, and the EEPROM programming proceedures...
www.carmodder.com • Programming the Colour LCD HVAC / Radio for the Holden VE Commodore

Hope this helps...

Dylan Maiolo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SV6
I have an SV6 head unit for sale if your interested.

I personally wouldnt wast my time with the SV6 headunit though.

I fitted a Calais headunit to my SV6. So much better.

Hey mate i was wondering how you did this as im looking at doing it myself?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There is a tonne of info on this.
The difference is the top trim and supporting air vents, the front trim is different to lower spec models and the screen colour is normally blue, not red. (Although that can be customised)
If the vehicle came with single zone climate control, then further modifications are required to the HVAC system to get dual zone working.