Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega Bluetooth

Missjade17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina Series 2
I bought an 2007 VE Omega and I want to add Bluetooth but I don't want an aftermarket one.

I have the phone button on the steering wheel and it comes up with the phone symbol on the dash when pressed and "voice in" comes up on the dash when I first get in the car so I am assuming I have a mic as well. Though I cannot connect any phone to the car... is there something I can do/buy so I can use it?

I spoke to a guy from Holden and he said it must have been fitted at the factory otherwise I have to get an aftermarket kit... but I have heard differently from other people.

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
Unless I'm mistaken, if your head unit shows 'voice in', then you have the BT unit already installed. I think if you don't have it, the HU only shows 'phone' on the dash display and that's it. Pairing involves a random carry-on of pushing the phone button on the wheel until your phone picks it up (shows as 'BT Vehicle' if I recall correctly...

Missjade17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina Series 2
That's what I thought and the guy I spoke to from Holden seemed to think that I had it but I've tried pairing iPhones and other Nokia phones and none find the car. Could the Bluetooth module be faulty?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I jade, many of them are faulty as they weren't the most reliable. Change over units can be found the internet but I'd try long and hard to get that puppy working first .