Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE omega or VZ SV6

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
it seams everyone who dose a little power slide become dirft world champion. tail out oversteer on the exit is not drifting

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
it seams everyone who dose a little power slide become dirft world champion. tail out oversteer on the exit is not drifting

exactly lol it shits me when people people say they did this full hectic drift when all they did wasn as you said tail out on the exit of a corner.

i just call it a skid :p

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
ESC was on and it was wet so it didnt work for ****
I went from a '91 Ford Laser to my '07 VE Lumina and can tell you now, this is a load of ****. To do 'full on drifts', you would probably have the ESC off, which is default on when you start the car.

Stop being a douche.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
ESC was on and it was wet so it didnt work for ****

it seams the esc did work if provoked the esc will alow a yaw angle of about 10 to 15 degrees expecialy in the wet before it reigns in the fun and stops you from spinning into the nearest tree.

this i think is becoming a big problem these days kids can get a ve omega hold the foot flat to the floor in the wet whilst the car maintains a controled slide and suddely they are full hectic drift god's they then jump in there mates falcon or vz and quickly fold itaround a tree.

having the opertunity to have a good play with these ESC systems in wet and dry conditions i can say without a dopubt they are a very good system and would have saved the arse of many a novice without them ever knowing

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Hey bro. Ive owned a SV6 (AUTO) :( ute And now i have a ve sv6. My cousin has a ve omega.

The vz are smaller and easier to handle, the VEs are a big car. Power wise there practically the same. Not really enough differcne to prefer one car to the other.

With the VZ , you dont really have to spend money to make it look good, just bascially exhaust , tint and rims. were as the omegas i think are uguly unless you put the hsvi omega bodykit or the sv6/ss body kit (ve) and then the rims.

So if your looking to buy a car, get people to turn heads without having to spend money , then the vz sv6 is the choice.

VE is better if your willing to spend money.

Also selling the VE would be easier for you aswell because its a newer model.

One more thing, dont know if this really matters but , i love sound systems, my vz had a 4 grand sound system and im gona put a 7 grand sound system in my ve but i dont wana change the STOCK head unit coz it would look cheap were as the vz lookd better with the head unit changed to after market alpine

OH and one last thing , colour. VE omega have **** colurs were as the VZs have nice colours.

Hope this helps mate.

Hussy.

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
same man , but i was just saying that the back swing out coz i didnt expect it because im used to the fwd mazda protege i had before and no matter how much u floor it in the mazda around the corner there is no slide at all coz of the lack of power
When I feel the back sliding a little when I take off around a corner, I ease off the throttle.

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
same man , but i was just saying that the back swing out coz i didnt expect it because im used to the fwd mazda protege i had before and no matter how much u floor it in the mazda around the corner there is no slide at all coz of the lack of power

Even so, after the first corner you would learn to not "floor it" unless of course you are driving lke an ass clow trying to "drift" every corner