Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega Tyre pressures

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Hi

I had my rear tyres replaced today which actually got rid of a very annoying vibration I had at high speeds apparently the old tyre had seperated which was causing the annoying vibration. I got some Bridgestone Potenza s0001 fitted to the rear very nice tyre to drive on. I have always religiously ran all my commodores on 32 to 36 psi anyway I went to the servo today after they fitted them to check all the pressures. My front were still on the 36psi I have been running but the tyre shop had set the rears to 44psi. Now I usually only carry a normal load although the car is lpg so when I have a full tank of petrol and lpg I guess the rear end is pretty damn heavy. Anyway I thought 44psi was a bit to high so I dropped them to 40 psi. Just wondering what people run here? Should I set my fronts to 40psi? My main reason for usually running 32-36psi has always been about comfort I find the bumps get soaked up a bit better on the lower psi and the ride feels a bit more comfortable. I have always had low profile tyres though 245 45 18.... Im aware the higher pressures will result in excellent fuel economy and probably tyre wear but 44 psi is a bit high isnt it?

Thanks

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Deflate them to the same as you run your fronts and you'll be fine.

Out of interest, why didnt you have the new tyres then rotated to the front?

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
I forgot to mention the Potenzas are 2nd hand with about 80% tread guy I bought them off likes to keep his tyres new all the time and has money to burn. The nankangs on the front have about the same tread wear and I have had no problems with them so I just got the tyre shop to replace the rears as the old achilles tyres at the rear one of them had seperated which is pretty poor. Its the only tyre I have ever had that has seperated on me cant for the life of me work out why I always dodge potholes and they have never had a rough time. I would def... recommend everyone avoid achilles tyres.

I might give 40 psi a go at the front the car has 230,000klms and suspension is a bit harsh though the lower pressures seem to quiet it down a bit and provide a smoother ride

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
I have 235/40/18's and run 38psi 44 seem rather high to run