Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega V gas issue

Jame

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V
For the past 2 years i have been having issues with my factory fitted LPG system. When i bought the car second hand back in 2015 it worked perfectly and the fuel economy was pretty good. However i did happen to notice a clicking sounding coming from what i'd assume is one of the injections ontop of the motor. Anyways after several months the clicking sound went away and everything seemed normal. At the end of 2015 on a 45 degree day my car overheated (Thermostat packed it in) and i then had to get some major mechanical work done on the motor. The heads were shaven as they were slightly warped from the overheating, radiator, water pump and thermostat were all replaced just to play it safe. In addition, i also had a new timing belt installed. It was now the start of 2016 and my car is running perfectly fine again until i drove around a corner and my car had stalled (running on LPG at the time). I didn't think much of it at the time as i thought i may have just run out of gas. So i filled it up and kept running it as per usual until a week later when the motor stalled whilst putting along in a carpark just after starting my car. This issue proceeded to happen at low idle, especially within the first 20minutes of driving. After a few months of persisting with the issue, i ended up booking the car in for a tank recertification. The bloke re-certified the tank, changed a few filters and gave the tank the all clear. I also mentioned the problem to him and he plugged his laptop in and had a look. All the running stats/readings came up as fine, he took it for a drive and they still read fine and he even adjusted a few settings to help compensate for the stalling at low idle. Anyways this issue kept persisting and i decided to only use gas when i drive on open roads where i can just cruise on 100km/h+. The gas system had absolutely no issues when the car was running at higher speed/rpm. That was until in 2017 when i started to flick the switch on whilst at 100km/h and then the motor would make a real horrible knocking/choking sound when it would try to instantly swap to gas. This issue only happened when i hadn't used gas for a few weeks though. Once i started driving and then used it again later or something, it would switch between unleaded/gas without any issues. This issue then decided to escalate about a month ago when i was travelling at 110km/h down the highway with cruise control on and then all of a sudden my motor stalled on me whilst running LPG and i couldn't restart it on gas and i've been forced to use unleaded ever since.

So i was just wondering if any of you guys might know of any solves/similar issues you've heard of to this? I've had a few people suggest a few things to me like ECU issues, blocked filters, loose hoses, broken solenoids (injectors)? I don't have too much experience with LPG so i was hoping someone could give me some advice. I am trying to avoid taking it to a LPG mechanic and forking out a tonne on parts and labour if it is possible to fix it myself.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I,ve had 2 ve dual fuels and only problem was lpg relay needed replacing, car driving along and would die(similar to you).

If running fine on petrol could be a wiring issues lpg section from the engine rebuild work? Pinch wire?