Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Plenum sitting up after Windshield Replacement

Danc91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder
Hi Guys,
Yesterday i had my windshield replaced and the Plastic Grille between the windshield and bonnet is sitting up the whole way along and i cannot push it back down, the right side used to always pop out and i could push it back down but since this replacement the whole thing isn't flush and i cannot push it down. Has the job been done incorrectly and rushed? Also i feel like my car panel was dented during the repair also right next to the windshield but unsure how to go about that with no proof... Fun times

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There is a very specific arrangement of the plastic clips that hold the plenum. There’s a thread on it somewhere here.

It’s highly likely not all the clips are there now causing one part of the problem.

The second part is that even with all the clips there and of the correct type, the panel sits just off the window.

Solution: hot sunny day and leave a few plastic bags of sand on there to reshape the panel.

In winter, carefully heat the plastic with a heat gun. Like super carefully because you don’t want a cold windscreen to crack if you misdirect the heat. Keep the heat gun moving so you don’t melt the surface and make it shiny. Weight it down with plastic bags of sand while it is soft.