Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE redline brembo brake problems

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
guys, not too long ago i installed a ve redline brembo brake on my sv6, after about 3 months my steering wheel start to shake when braking, then i took it to holden mechanic and have them machined the disc rotor, they said it might because the rotor disc was not even, but after another 2 months, it shake again, can anyone know what's wrong with it?? i use DBA rotor disc which i think quality is not an issues, and brake i brought straight from Holden parts supply, can't believe it happens so soon. need help guys~~

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
guys, not too long ago i installed a ve redline brembo brake on my sv6, after about 3 months my steering wheel start to shake when braking, then i took it to holden mechanic and have them machined the disc rotor, they said it might because the rotor disc was not even, but after another 2 months, it shake again, can anyone know what's wrong with it?? i use DBA rotor disc which i think quality is not an issues, and brake i brought straight from Holden parts supply, can't believe it happens so soon. need help guys~~

First problem might be that you only got one brake installed. :p

I'd be talking to the people you bought the brakes from, maybe they can help you more.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Might be a sign of a larger issue. Get your bushes checked and the disk for runout.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
My tip is that you never bedded your pads in properly and you are getting transfer that is clinging to the disk.
Head out to a deserted road and do a few very hard stops from 100k, get the brakes really hot, I bet they will feel much better and clean the disks.

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
bushes u mean the bushes mount over the spring?? i think it might happen cox i replace it before i change the brake tho, i should get someone check on it, thx mate~

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
OK... So I guess you bought NEW??? Complete Kit (From Holden...) and unless there is a fault with the kit OR with your booster/slave/ etc. etc. etc...Existing brake setup.

1). I hope you got the kit install @ a licensed mechanic's so take it back and get him/her to check the entire system or a least do the below.

Otherwise... Good luck & I hope you get it sorted...

2). Ensure the PADS have been installed correctly.
3). Check the brake fluid level... in case you have a leak.
4). Re-Bleed the entire system as air in any part of the system will cause differences in the pad contact on each side of the rotors.
NOTE: There are 2(two) bleed nipples on each side that MUST be used to bleed the calliper.... See below/Attached...
Untitled_zps0571dd1f.png

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
the one on your picture is actually the one i brought, i have them installed at Race brake, i think they are good and quite legit tho, i have them check by holden mechanic at the holden dealer shop, they did re-bleed but not sure about the brake pad, btw, recently my brake paddle feel quite hard when i start my car every morning, it didn't happen before, does it mean something coming up???

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
Number one mistake people make when installing new rotors is they don't clean the mounting surface on the hub.
Smalles bit of rust or crap can feel like warped disc.
Simple things first.