Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Rims

NOLOSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute
Hey all just have a quick question, looking at buying 19x9 ve clubby rims.
wanna make sure they are gonna somehow fit under my ute. i have the guards rolled atm, but am thinking even so they might be a stretch.. any comments?

My Ride VY II SS UTE running SL's front and rear. thinking of SSL's rear but not 2 fussed

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
1. If they are genuine VE rims then they will not fit the hubs on any pre - VE model. No wheel designed to fit the VE will fit a VY, VZ , VX, VT etc. They have to be machined to fit.

2. You can buy genuine VE R8 C/sport wheels that have been machined to fit VN to VZ cars in 19 x 8 inches. With these wheels and 245 35 19 tyres you should have no problem with fit and clearance.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
yeah 245s should fit rears, fronts might have to go for 235s or 225s.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
If you increase the rim size you have to reduce the tyre profile. For 19inch rims this means fitting a 35 profile tyre. This retains close to the same tyre diameter as the standard fitment, provided the correct width tyre is used, and retains speedo accuracy (which is mandatory for legal fitment).

You have to go for 245 width tyres because the slightly narrower 235 35 19 tyres do NOT usually meet the minimum load requirements for the vehicle. The tyre's load rating is too low to meet the minimum requirement.

If you run "under load" tyres, your car is regarded as un-roadworthy by the rego authorities and you definitely will prejudice your car insurance coverage.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
If your going to put VE wheels on an earlier model as well as machining the hub area I would research the availability of suitable wheel nuts, the VE runs thicker studs and larger wheel nuts,
I don't like the idea of using the original smaller pre VE nuts as the contact surface is smaller, I would be worried of wheels coming loose or the nuts pulling into the wheels, I think you can get larger nuts with the correct thread or I have seen the VE wheels fitted with sleeves in the stud holes to bring the diameter or the holes back to the correct size of the pre VE studs.
I realise a lot of people just machine the hubs and put them on, but I would be concerned about the studs and wheel nuts too.

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
post deleted: put this in the wrong forum ...

Last edited:

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Im running VE rims with VZ nuts and had no issues, even smashed two rims on a huge pothole and the nuts and studs didnt budge.

Have had them on for over 2 years/50,000kms now with no issues.

TIGEN3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss s2
stick to the sl springs i had tripple sl ssl and now sl as they are the only way i can get over speed humps and i have 18x8 ve ss rims and my pipes still scrape!

TIGEN3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss s2
i have got ve ss rims that are machined and have the chrome nuts with lock nuts to suit the threads and i havent had any issues yet however i do get a bit of vibration at 100 and above but my car is lowered.