Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Roof mounted antenna, a cautionary tale...

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
I back into my garage. Driving straight out is much better :D

I want to do that too, but it's on a huge slope and I just feel a bit uneasy about backing down the hill. At the next house I will..

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
I think that $588 is not a bad price for that repair, I have had door dents repaired and they were around $380.00 so if you got all that done, thats ok.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
You poor bugger, don't take much does it to lose that little bit of concentration when ya mind is thinking about 1,000 other things. **** off the remote control car aerial and get a stubby one, much cleaner and you night have missed the garage door too. (for next time lol)

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
I think that $588 is not a bad price for that repair, I have had door dents repaired and they were around $380.00 so if you got all that done, thats ok.

I think so too, I think they bloke at Holden felt sorry for me and took it easy on me..

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
You poor bugger, don't take much does it to lose that little bit of concentration when ya mind is thinking about 1,000 other things. **** off the remote control car aerial and get a stubby one, much cleaner and you night have missed the garage door too. (for next time lol)

Exactly, it was so easy to stuff up, like you said, 1000 things on my mind, and to top it off I'm not exactly the worlds best morning person either.. lol

I was wondering actually before the damage was repaired if I could / should fit one of those shark fin antennas instead, but I don't know how it will look. If I had one on hand I'd sit it there to see.

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
Feel for you mate........its a horrible sensation in the stomach.........had my Calais 2 days, thought I'd get into it on the Saturday, reversed it out of the garage and started work. Rubbed leather conditioner into the back seats, rear doors then the passenger side seat and door.......did the drivers door and seat (looking good ):thumbsup: Was sitting in the drivers seat applying some conditioner to the dash ect and thought 'its getting a lil hot out here on the leather and dash, might just roll her into the shade....closed the drivers and gently rolled forward into the garage to the sound of "CLUNK".........rear drivers side was open wasnt it :cry: Got out to look at a small dent and paint missing down to metal where the door had banged against the brickwork.
needless to say $600 later..........it looked brand new but Jeees 'bloody idiot!!

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Feel for you mate........its a horrible sensation in the stomach.........had my Calais 2 days, thought I'd get into it on the Saturday, reversed it out of the garage and started work. Rubbed leather conditioner into the back seats, rear doors then the passenger side seat and door.......did the drivers door and seat (looking good ):thumbsup: Was sitting in the drivers seat applying some conditioner to the dash ect and thought 'its getting a lil hot out here on the leather and dash, might just roll her into the shade....closed the drivers and gently rolled forward into the garage to the sound of "CLUNK".........rear drivers side was open wasnt it :cry: Got out to look at a small dent and paint missing down to metal where the door had banged against the brickwork.
needless to say $600 later..........it looked brand new but Jeees 'bloody idiot!!

I can't even imagine how bad I would have felt if that had happened to me when mine was 2-days old, as it was the antenna incident happened at around the 18 month mark and I felt god awful about it.

I hate that feeling you get right at that moment when you realise you've totally screwed up and are past the point of return...

Your mishap cost about the same as mine by the sounds of things, and I can tell you, I could have had a lot more fun blowing that money on something fun instead !! :)

PORKSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
Lol just did this reversing out roller door came down... Dodgy door ripped ******* antenna right out