Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Roof Rattle with Subs

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Hey Guys,

I have started to get a roof rattle in my car, i have removed the light and sunglasses pocket on the roof, and put sound proofing all around it, however it still rattels at high volume...

Just wondering if its easy to get under the roof lining or if it is a massive job with the Side air bags..

I have a sunroof however i am confident its not the sunroof rattling because i can stop the sound by pushing against the roof near the sunglasses holder hole when the pocket is removed.

I had to get a clip replaced when i bought the car which holds the sunvisor in place because the clip was broken. i have a feeling this may be the issue.

Beckzilla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hey mate in mine thought i had a rattle in my sunglasses pop down. But worked out if you have sunnies in there it makes the noise but without it doesnt. Just an idea incase you didnt think of it. haa

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
yeh man i have taken sunnies out and that makes no difference, it still does it with the Sunglass holder unclipped... so thats not the issue.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
I have two 12'' alpine type S subs powered by a alpine V12 mono block amp and everything rattles in my SS including sunglasses holder.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
I've had the car full soundproofed and its the only spot!!! its so close to being right!! i know it won't last but i have tried everything to get it!

Bill44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 08 MY09
I've had the inside of my car rattle from high volume subs.

Not mine, the car with the subs was 2 cars in front of me.:)

redback2

U see red ur dead
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden SSVE 2009 6.0L V8/Worked
It's the vanity mirror on the passenger side or both on the sun visor,
You welcome sorry it's late.
Had same problem with SsV ve

maxmod

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V Wagon
I Have stopped mine from rattling even at 140 odd db. It's a pretty simple fix.

What it is is the clips that hold the sunglass holder in same clips that hold my dvd player in as well.

If you remove the clips and get a double sided foam tape you don't want too thick i used about 2mm thick tape. Apply some foam tape onto the clips that hold the sunglasses holder in this will remove the vibration.

bryce007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V8
I have a Holandia 700 with the recall fix in my roof, it rattles like crazy even without the subs going....
I've tried deadening parts of it, hasn't helped too much.
The installer blames my stock 19" wheels making the ride too stiff which makes it rattle... funny that my Caprice with same profile wheels and factory sunroof doesnt rattle at all..