Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve rotor spacers for vs hubs

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
Cheers for that will drop em a line and see if they have them.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I have the kit complete at home ...its called the big brake kit and it has brockys face on the box. It has a redrilled ford territory discs and they are about 320 mm in diameter.

The brackets are cast and they are adequate but look like they were made to be as light as possible.
I dont think the offset of the ve discs will work on a earlier model as well as the stud size/hub

Last edited:

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
One thing I was wondering is it i did go the VE route would my VX SS rims clear the calipers. If i had to get new rims to suite would be a pain and adds to the cost. If the rims work with the calipers i would at least have to get the brackets, the rotors/pads and possibly brake lines. And then just source the calipers second hand.
If I was to go the VT route i would need new the rotors/pads and then source VT master and modify my booster and also calipers used or reco one . Either of these will give the ol girl the better braking it needs as I intend to just keep her long term.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
I have the kit complete at home ...its called the big brake kit and it has brockys face on the box. It has a redilled ford territory discs and they are about 330 mm in diameter.
The brackets are cast and they are adequate but look like they were made to be as light as possible.
I dont think the offset of the ve discs will work on a earlier model as well as the stud size/hub

Yup those are the **** adapter brackets which snap all the time and that's why they don't sell them anymore.

One thing I was wondering is it i did go the VE route would my VX SS rims clear the calipers. If i had to get new rims to suite would be a pain and adds to the cost. If the rims work with the calipers i would at least have to get the brackets, the rotors/pads and possibly brake lines. And then just source the calipers second hand.
If I was to go the VT route i would need new the rotors/pads and then source VT master and modify my booster and also calipers used or reco one . Either of these will give the ol girl the better braking it needs as I intend to just keep her long term.

296mm will fit under 15s, 315-323mm will fit under 16s, 330mm will fit under 17's, 343mm require 18s, 355mm require 19s etc.

Brake Lines are a custom length to suit the calipers and car so you need the right ones.

UPC i linked do the VT conversion kits and the VE conversion kits in various sizes with the brackets and brake lines as well.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
I used Ve calipers with VZ 32mm 343 discs (needed centre hub shims) that just fitted under18s but I made the brackets from 10mm thick plate and only had to space bracket out with a 3/16 shim between plate and stub mounting. Distance between mount hole centres is 3 inches (76mm)on stub axle and Ve caliper mount is 5 inches (same as brembo by the way) stock mounting bolts used are a 12 X 1.5 thread ( same as pre Ve wheel nut thread)

Last edited:

KhaosInc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V8 M5
Those are solid brackets markovr, can i ask what the distance between the two sets of holes is (center line to center line between the two sets, like in picture below) and if you are using v6 or v8 calipers. I was thinking of a flat plate as the kit ones offset it around 8mm making it need the shorter rotors.

Below is the cnc brackets i bought from gsl they look better than the cast ones. They were a small fortune and I'll probably sell them at a loss in the end (rushed to buy for some stupid reason) but will run commodore rotors instead of modded territory rotors.

Difference between the 2 sets of holes of the kit brackets is 18mm center to center.

image1.jpgimage2.JPGimage3.jpg

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Bit worrying that no ones selling them and that they were snapping. Shame though as they seemed to be a better option then the VT in regards to not modifying the master and booster to fit them. I see there is plenty of people selling the VT setup. may have to suffice with those. They would have to be a step up from standard VS.

I've had both types on my vr and I couldn't tell the difference from a braking perspective

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Had them for over 60 thousand kms no dramas mate, never heard of them snapping.
There are a few guys on ebay doing ve brake upgrade kits for the vs. Although a lot more expensive than when i got my kit in about 09. The wilowood kits not to pricey now days.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Those are solid brackets markovr, can i ask what the distance between the two sets of holes is (center line to center line between the two sets, like in picture below) and if you are using v6 or v8 calipers. I was thinking of a flat plate as the kit ones offset it around 8mm making it need the shorter rotors.

Below is the cnc brackets i bought from gsl they look better than the cast ones. They were a small fortune and I'll probably sell them at a loss in the end (rushed to buy for some stupid reason) but will run commodore rotors instead of modded territory rotors.

Difference between the 2 sets of holes of the kit brackets is 18mm center to center.

I had a spare vr steering knuckle/hub and mounted the stock vz 343 dia 32mm thick disc (used on harrop setup factory) on it with a jig bracket I made that i had slotted the 3 inch mounting holes so i could move the caliper in and out to get the right distance so I could get a point where everything fitted and cleared...then measured it to get the right dimension for the bracket holes I used a STOCK V6 ve caliper and cast iron bracket and made sure all the anti rattle springs fitted as close as they could on the cast iron bracket.
It was close but it fitted perfectly without any touching fouling dramas and has run without fault for about 9 months.
Although I put rounded curves on the 10mm plate I used and finished it as best as I could i made it as strong as I could also (no need for any hardening of the steel...they probably dont do it anyway)
All it needed was an additional spacer between bracket and hub mounting it was 3/16 thick or about 3.5 mm plate with 2 holes in it so the caliper mounted dead square in the middle of the disc.

I used 4 stock vt caliper mounting bolts.

distance between sets of holes looks like 29mm see picture...if you apply the maths 343mm-320mm =23mm divided by 2 =11.5mm radius difference
29mm I measured - 18mm = 11mm....makes sense.
Cost me 15 dollars for the steel i used and a couple of grinding discs .
Brake hoses had to be made up to fit and they ended up being 650 mm end to end ..i found this was 10 to 15 mm too long but the extra bit didnt hurt anything..just looped up higher between strut and solid line.

Last edited:

KhaosInc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V8 M5
I had a spare vr steering knuckle/hub and mounted the stock vz 343 dia 32mm thick disc (used on harrop setup factory) on it with a jig bracket I made that i had slotted the 3 inch mounting holes so i could move the caliper in and out to get the right distance so I could get a point where everything fitted and cleared...then measured it to get the right dimension for the bracket holes I used a STOCK V6 ve caliper and cast iron bracket and made sure all the anti rattle springs fitted as close as they could on the cast iron bracket.
It was close but it fitted perfectly without any touching fouling dramas and has run without fault for about 9 months.
Although I put rounded curves on the 10mm plate I used and finished it as best as I could i made it as strong as I could also (no need for any hardening of the steel...they probably dont do it anyway)
All it needed was an additional spacer between bracket and hub mounting it was 3/16 thick or about 3.5 mm plate with 2 holes in it so the caliper mounted dead square in the middle of the disc.

I used 4 stock vt caliper mounting bolts.

distance between sets of holes looks like 29mm see picture...if you apply the maths 343mm-320mm =23mm divided by 2 =11.5mm radius difference
29mm I measured - 18mm = 11mm....makes sense.
Cost me 15 dollars for the steel i used and a couple of grinding discs .
Brake hoses had to be made up to fit and they ended up being 650 mm end to end ..i found this was 10 to 15 mm too long but the extra bit didnt hurt anything..just looped up higher between strut and solid line.

Thank you very much for that, makes it look simple. I can get some steel cut and drilled at work so it makes it even easier.

Looking to go the 330mm 32mm VT HSV rotors when I get to this, will be good to have commodore rotors instead of territory modded rotors.