Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE S2 Antenna replacement (factory fitted SatNav GPS)

Rosco82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6 Wagon
Hi everyone,
I've had my antenna snapped off my VE S2 SV6 Sportwagon and need to get a replacement. I've had a quick look online through the spares outlets and some of the existing threads here, and it looks like the Mazda CX7/9 screw-ons are a little better than the standard Holden horse whip versions, but as I've got the factory fitted SatNav I'm wondering whether I need a specific antenna that supports the SatNav/TMS reception too?
I've got no idea whether the SatNav pulls a signal from the rear antenna, so hoping that someone can help? Holden Cust Service have provided me with two different prod codes (AM/FM 92185466) and (SatNav 92258861) but they were unable to tell me where the SatNav gets it's reception from and whether I need the SatNav version or not. I can't find anything online relating to the SatNav product code either, so a little confused. Can anyone help?
Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The satanav gets its digital signal via the rear windscreen. There are two types of rear windscreen available.

I might have photos.

If it’s just the antenna you are replacing, then look for one that has the receiver wire with a wide loop winding and a much tighter one under it. I could be wrong on that, but that’s the best infinity i could fine when replacing mine recently. Used an aero pro that wasn’t marked as be commodore.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
As Fu stated, don't worry about SatNav reception.
Good luck finding an antenna replacement that works as well as the factory version...
AM/FM module in the IQ isn't the best out there...
Bee sting antenna's will work, just don't expect long range reception.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON