Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE S2 R8 Reverse sensors not working

BenVER8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 Clubsport R8
I was power washing my VE S2 Clubsport R8. I accidently got too close with the hose and popped out one of the reverse parking assist sensors, after which I jumped into the car to back it into a safer area to examine the issue, While doing this the rear sensors was crying out that I was too close to something . I turned the car off and removed the rear bumper, returned the sensor to it original position and replaced the bumper.

After starting the car again, the park assist no longer engages when I put the car into reverse, I don't get any errors or lights or noises, nothing. I've checked the fuse in the boot of the car and it seems fine. Have I broken something or is there a way to reset the system?

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Not quite the same thing but when I put the GXP rear bar on my SS I put my existing sensors in and when I first checked to see if it was working there was no audible “bongs” when there was something close from any of the sensors. After a drive the next time I put it in reverse everything was working perfect as normal, hasn’t changed to this day. Maybe see if it just has to do some sort of self learning to right itself after the trauma you caused it!!!!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Do you have a Towbar ?
If so,
Do you have the Flat Trailer Plug ?
If so, you could have dislodge the wiring in the plug ?
Also check that the Magnet has not fallen out of the Cover,
because the magnet is part of Reed switch and disables the Reversing Sensors when you have the Cover Open & Trailer Plug inserted.
Being that you mentioned you had the rear bumper off, you would had to remove the trailer plug from under the Bumper Cover.

I also have had a issue with them not working after I have had a trailer on there,
and the opposite,
Had a Trailer hitched up and they were still working,
but as soon as you turn the car off and turn it on again, the system started working correctly.

Last edited: