Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Screen headunit

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
I know alot of people with Sv6's and SS's that didn't come with the screen are changing them when you can
find a unit!!

Has anyone priced this unit from holden?? if so do they have a part number??
cheers
bbb

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
To buy from holden would cost you a bit over 1600 bucks, alot more than its worth and holden wont do the install for you.

It functions as a ssv headunit but you dont get the dual zone air con.
SSV heaunit $600-700
No Limit programming (including vehicle in motion mod) $600
Postage costs and time is all you will pay, than of course dvd players or anything else you want to put on it.

Gorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
To buy from holden would cost you a bit over 1600 bucks, alot more than its worth and holden wont do the install for you.

It functions as a ssv headunit but you dont get the dual zone air con.
SSV heaunit $600-700
No Limit programming (including vehicle in motion mod) $600
Postage costs and time is all you will pay, than of course dvd players or anything else you want to put on it.

Is my understanding correct that you do get the climate control functions, just not the dual zone?

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
Cheers mate i agree....
Yeah i agree a bit $$$, but what other option now its all integrated with a/c...pain in the ass if manufacturers are gonna start going this way!!
might be able to get one cheap just need the part number...i would have to get the programming done and the vim mod then i'd do the install.
So the screens came in the SSV, calias and hsv's i believe??

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
Is my understanding correct that you do get the climate control functions, just not the dual zone?

No, the only way to activate climate control when doing this mod is to get the factory sensors which measure temp inside the car, No Limit supply a resistor which just displays the temp at 20 degrees you can go down to 18 up to 30.

Temp sensors in the cars are a variable resistor by joining two different types of metal together when the temp changes a different resistance is created the headunit reads this resistance and changes the temp up or down to hold that temp you have selected on the unit.

So if you opened a window and the temp changed the headunit would adjust it self, anyone that knows about PID loops in electrical engineering would understand mroe.

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
Cheers mate i agree....
Yeah i agree a bit $$$, but what other option now its all integrated with a/c...pain in the ass if manufacturers are gonna start going this way!!
might be able to get one cheap just need the part number...i would have to get the programming done and the vim mod then i'd do the install.
So the screens came in the SSV, calias and hsv's i believe??

Not sure with the Calias headunits I've seen some that have different trim, SSV and GTS headunits will be a straight swap with out changing the console
No Part number sorry just ring up wreakers of late model cars and ask to put you name down for one to ring when they get one. You can keep you lcd display abobe the headunit and have it changed with tech2 to display digital volts and oil pressure or change to the triple guages.

Gorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
No, the only way to activate climate control when doing this mod is to get the factory sensors which measure temp inside the car, No Limit supply a resistor which just displays the temp at 20 degrees you can go down to 18 up to 30.

Temp sensors in the cars are a variable resistor by joining two different types of metal together when the temp changes a different resistance is created the headunit reads this resistance and changes the temp up or down to hold that temp you have selected on the unit.

So if you opened a window and the temp changed the headunit would adjust it self, anyone that knows about PID loops in electrical engineering would understand mroe.

Ahhh, OK so if I am reading this right, you get temperature control not climate control. You can control the temperature of what the system puts out, it just doesn't adjust based on the temperature of the car. From you knowledge, how easy\hard would it be to move to climate control?

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
Spot on mate ,

I've asked no lmit , they said the only way to do it is obtain the genuine sensors from a gts etc.

You can buy the temp sensors but you can get different range of resistance and since this is what the headunit measures the temp might be out.

But the sensors are in the wiring loom you would have to buy the loom and headunit.

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
Not sure with the Calias headunits I've seen some that have different trim, SSV and GTS headunits will be a straight swap with out changing the console
No Part number sorry just ring up wreakers of late model cars and ask to put you name down for one to ring when they get one. You can keep you lcd display abobe the headunit and have it changed with tech2 to display digital volts and oil pressure or change to the triple guages.

I was thinking bout the 3 pod guages but the wiring isn't there on the sv6's so will keep the led screen bit....now gotta find a headunit!!! arrggghhh

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
IMO about the VIM flash
get the JHP but the flasher, andn not the auto switch :)