Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve seat upgrade for Vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU 2001 SS 5.7 Ute
Gday, just wondering if anyone has used Ve seats in Vs ute. Can use use the VE rails or swap over Vs rails? Any help appeciated.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Gday, just wondering if anyone has used Ve seats in Vs ute. Can use use the VE rails or swap over Vs rails? Any help appeciated.
I have just checked the width of the seats in my VE and VS. They are both the same so you will be ok there.

I haven't done that conversion but I have put Recaros in my VH. The principle will be just the same as the chances of them being a bolt on are zero. I used a piece of flat iron, I think it was 50mmx5mm across to pick up the existing holes. I then had a 50mmx 20mm box section steel running length ways and welded to the flat iron to pick up the runners on the Recaros.

Unlike you I don't have electric height adjustment so that will be something you will have to sort out.

Make sure when you have done the job that you get a modification certificate. I can't stress enough how important it is to get one. As it is a ute you will have to fix the certificate to the engine bay. Silicon is fine.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have just checked the runner width of both vehicles. They are about the same though the runners are a different width. That could make it more awkward as you might have to bolt the VE seats through the floor.

Edit. On second thoughts your situation could be different to mine in that you might get away with drilling new holes. Definitely on the right front of the left seat. Getting them certified would still apply

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Don't bother, it's not an upgrade and its not simple. VE seats are pretty average comfort wise. Better of the VS Stato seats, they bolt straight in. The other option is use your rails and bolt on some VT seats.

Ccoastcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 redline, Ve ssv
I put ba falcon seats in my vs ute. I just reused the vs rails & bolted the falcon seats to them

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
VT-VZ seats are light years ahead in support and comfort. The VE is like a park bench in comparison. Our VE Calais was not as comfie as any of the VZ’s.

I did VT seats in my VP and there should be quite a few threads from the olden days on it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
VT-VZ seats are light years ahead in support and comfort. The VE is like a park bench in comparison. Our VE Calais was not as comfie as any of the VZ’s.

I did VT seats in my VP and there should be quite a few threads from the olden days on it.
Yep, my VS Stato seat felt better than my SS seat. VE seat foams seem to sack out pretty quick too compared to the earlier stuff. It's why I have two BNIB bases, and a BNIB back rest that's specific to a VE ute.

Fitting VE seats will be a real problem in a few years when they sack out as the foams are now discontinued and prices are skyrocketing.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, my VS Stato seat felt better than my SS seat. VE seat foams seem to sack out pretty quick too compared to the earlier stuff. It's why I have two BNIB bases, and a BNIB back rest that's specific to a VE ute.

Fitting VE seats will be a real problem in a few years when they sack out as the foams are now discontinued and prices are skyrocketing.
I find the seats in my VE to be quite comfortable. No they are not as good as the Coulsons I had in my VT. As for wear they are still like new. They don't get any special attention apart from pushing them back when we get out.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I find the seats in my VE to be quite comfortable. No they are not as good as the Coulsons I had in my VT. As for wear they are still like new. They don't get any special attention apart from pushing them back when we get out.

Mine are not great at all. Could be my heavy arse but right at my lower back it feels really sacked out and is poor when travelling any distance. My VS Stato seat was a lot better. I will be getting it recovered when I have spare coin.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The drivers side bolsters are also a common problem on the VE. It's why you see a few side seat plastic trims with a crack along the top.