Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE series 1 Calais : Aerpro FP9450 : Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT : Pioneer RCAM2 camera

Rallyrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
Everything works except the camera when selecting reverse.
The Aerpro facia has a Reverse wire (pink), I dont see any power from this wire when I select reverse. Do I need to have the cars reverse camera feature enabled to see a voltage from the facia reverse wire ?

I was thinking I would plug the facia reverse to the head unit reverse and wire the camera +ve to same.
Before I remove all all the tailgate trims again and run a hard wiring back to a reverse light though I'd ask what others have done.
Facia does have some reverse visibilty, because if I select reverse, the reverse sensors display on the new facia (when park brake is off).
If I wire camera to constant 12V, it works when I go into setup or if I put 12v directly on the reverse wire to the headunit .
If the Calais wagon had the factory camera as an option, would the light green reverse wire be accessible in the harness up the front of the car ?

Rallyrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
Everything works except the camera when selecting reverse.
The Aerpro facia has a Reverse wire (pink), I dont see any power from this wire when I select reverse. Do I need to have the cars reverse camera feature enabled to see a voltage from the facia reverse wire ?

I was thinking I would plug the facia reverse to the head unit reverse and wire the camera +ve to same.
Before I remove all all the tailgate trims again and run a hard wiring back to a reverse light though I'd ask what others have done.
Facia does have some reverse visibilty, because if I select reverse, the reverse sensors display on the new facia (when park brake is off).
If I wire camera to constant 12V, it works when I go into setup or if I put 12v directly on the reverse wire to the headunit .
If the Calais wagon had the factory camera as an option, would the light green reverse wire be accessible in the harness up the front of the car ?
Aerpro tech put me onto this.
2nd green wire in plug clipped behind metal bracket left side of heater box , behind glovebox will give you a reverse signal.

Rallyrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
Fyi

Attachments

• 20221116_170833.jpg
    20221116_170833.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 142