Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE series 1 Omega wagon exhaust upgrade

duck41

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve wagon
Been searching site and have located most of the parts required for the change from single system to ss system. BUT what rear bumper insert (bottom facia) is gunna fit to run both outlets. SS fits the berlina sedan but not the Omega. JHP supply one but don't know what one. Heard series II sidi one will fit but dont know if outlet will be wide enough. Any idea??

sfor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
i made the ss one fit my old omega with a little work.... had to cut some of the insert holes in the bumper to have the slots line up.. then used a heat gun to "bend" it slightly and worked a treat

duck41

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve wagon
diffuser.............

I bought the ss one but if used i would end up with two sets of reflectors as one is mounted to the bumper on the omega and another one on the ss diffuser. Thought the ss one wouldn't line up on the bottom sides as it is deeper?? Has anyone used the sidi omega diffuser?

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Iv got a 2006 omega and have. Diffuser from holden that's straight fit and iv got the twin ss system on no worries if you want part number pm me

duck41

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve wagon
job done

Thanks for your help. Found a cheaper option. pulled off the original one and attacked it with a hacksaw and file. trimmed each side where the diffuser has a bend/line next to where pipes would exit. looks ok to me and cost nothing. Looks the same as sidi. will post photos when I work out how. Also drove 75 k's down on cruise control with fuel consumption at 8.7l/100km and on return trip got 8.2! tried my best to repeat the driving conditions. Dunno if it actually makes a difference to fuel consumption or just hoping.

duck41

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve wagon
Kizza you can post the part number if you still have it. Someone including me may want it in the future!

Kascar

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Omega
I got the proper diffuser off ebay from Fixrite, bolts straight on ........ after I cut out the Towbar panel