Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 1 SSV Ute System.

Taz_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Ok guys I'm sure someone has covered this already but stick with me, just bought my first Holden last week. It's awesome I love it but the stereo makes me want to stab my ears with chop sticks!!! So I've read about subs and factory amp gain switches, however I'm guessing the ute doesn't have a sub. Appears to have speakers in dash corners and obviously in the doors. My question is how many speakers? Where are they? What sizes are they? I'm sure they would be the usual factory fitted paper cone ones. So what sort of power does the head unit produce to each speaker so I can get something rated slightly higher to maximise the system. Is there any tricks and what's the best preset EQ or what do you recommend for a custom EQ? Also is there a rear aux? I've seen a cable on eBay but seems to be old pin style for iPhone 4, a simple rear headphone jack would be nice, or are most people using FM modulators? I'm hoping your answers are pretty similar cause I'd imagine im behind the 8 balls and you guys have tried a lot of stuff.

Cheers.